Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-data-

Alhough Blue Dragon is based on the artwork of Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Quest VIII), it will not use cartoonlike renderings like other games based on his work. Instead, Blue Dragon will use a different rendering style that Sakaguchi says is similar to claymation. While his first pick was to use the usual cartoonlike style, he explained that development techniques for games kept on advancing to the point that another graphic style became possible.

Sakaguchi also said that Blue Dragon will use light bloom for realistic lighting when a character is near a light source, and real-time motion blur to give battles a natural feel. According to Famitsu, Blue Dragon's development is currently 40 percent complete.

-data-

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Don't judge a book by it's cover cloud ;)

I wonder if the logo has been inspired by FF5 :rolleyes:

I'm all in for a new visual style, any innovation will be welcome, although I doubt it will trigger a revolution like JSR was able to do with Cell Shading.

· Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure, here are some names and other info.

Shu: The main character, this sixteen year old boy has a bright and direct personality and loves to explore ancient ruins. He lost his parents some years back and was raised under the care of Mr. Fushira, a doctor.

Kuruku: A sixteen-year-old girl who lives in the same village as Shu, Kuruku lost her parents a year ago.

Jiro: Shu's classmate, Jiro is very different from the main character in that he likes to plan ahead.

Maru-Maro: A young man of the Debi race, which differs from humans. He expresses his feelings through dance.

Zora: At twenty years of age, this female mercenary is a bit older than the rest of the cast. She travels the world and keeps her feelings bottled up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.