Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im searching a program when executed can blow up the hole system (permanent damage the cpu ,motherboard ,hdd ,Gpu...)
or something that when executed from windows can flash the bios
or a command that can change the voltage (without entering bios seetings)
basically anything really critical

any idea?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
cease to function does not mean blowing up. and if a cpu fan wouyld stop, it would just idle at tjmax then shut down. again, it does not "blow" up

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
The software you are looking for is Grand Theft Auto 4 for pc. That will **** up his computer. Give the sucker a double whammi by sensing him some Sony music CD's manufactured in 2005.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
News about virii (or other software) that causes physical damage are all hoaxes!
i'm not searching an auto_exe virus i'm searching a soft that can blow up my own system (win or bat based program that i can execute myself or copy to registry...)

and guys plz don't tell me it doesn't exist because most motherboard manufacturer has a program that can "real time overclock and voltage control"
(exp: gigabyte has a program that can patch bios and change the boot picture) Face-Wizard and EasyTune 5 and @BIOS

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Even IF we threoretically knew of one we wouldn't assist you in maliciously damaging someones computer. Why should we trust your word that the particular individual deserves it?

i'm searching a soft that can blow up my own system
Comeon, you expect us to believe that.... if you wanted to fry your own chip oyu could just manually OC it, if you wanted to wipe your bios you could manually do it.

BTW, no offense, but if something happens to my computer in the next while or 2 ill know who to blame as you do happen to know my ip address.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Comeon, nobody is going to believe that....
believe it or not it's up to you ,but i have a good reason to blow up my system (without opening the case "warranty")

why i'dont overclock from bios?? simply becauz its fuuckinggg locked (some company (hp,dell...) locks the overclocking features)

you will understand if you know what i mean

my holy reason= playing FF12 ,and that idiot company is going to pay me a rig that can play it @pcsx2
thats why i need help

·
PReP - Lizard of Reason
870 Posts
Your holy reason doesn't sound more legal and just either you know. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your holy reason doesn't sound more legal and just either you know. :)
hey hey hey ,this is emuforums man so don't tell me playing emulated ps2 games is not legal
its 100% legal and if you don't agree with it then suck everyones **** in emuforum (no offence you know. :))

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
What you ask can happen. However, there is no way to access most hardware parts in that level.
If a cooler has parts that let you control the fan speed through software or through the hardware itself you still have limited control over it, so if it doesn't like what you try to do then it will not do it.

Changing voltage etc. is also limited through the motherboard... plus it can't be changed outside the bios configuration. Not to mention that the values there are "safe" unless you have a "power user" oriented motherboard and an unlocked CPU.

The only "user friendly" method to fry a system is by overclocking a processor through software (if there is software that supports your CPU or GPU) or the RAM through the BIOS. Note that this will most likely damage only one part unless you change the FSB speed (changing FSB might destroy CPU, motherboard and even PCI cards if you're lucky).

Another possibility is to supply the power supply unit of the PC with "over voltaged" or "under votaged" power somehow. This will have a domino effect to the whole system... unfortunately it can't be pulled out easily nor safely.

Have fun :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only "user friendly" method to fry a system is by overclocking a processor through software (if there is software that supports your CPU or GPU) or the RAM through the BIOS. Note that this will most likely damage only one part unless you change the FSB speed (changing FSB might destroy CPU, motherboard and even PCI cards if you're lucky).
could you name any program that can do this plz?
thx

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
you usually void your warranty if you overclock a cpu.

but if you really want to damage your pc without opening it, then wrap it with alot of towels and make sure no air can leak out.

then run a stress test program and leave it on for a few hours.
eventually there will be no cold-air to cool your cpu with, and it will overheat.

if your mobo doesn't have protection against this, then your CPU or other hardware would likely get damaged.
if it does have protection it would probably just turn itself off before the cpu gets too hot.

·
PReP - Lizard of Reason
870 Posts
hey hey hey ,this is emuforums man so don't tell me playing emulated ps2 games is not legal
its 100% legal and if you don't agree with it then suck everyones **** in emuforum (no offence you know. :))
I were certainly not speaking about emulation, but the action you described.

( And no problem, this lizard is impossible to offend, since he laughs to much and to merrily at/with the world :) )

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.