Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first i want to say sorry for my poor english.

I just want to ask if anyone here was able to play bloody roar 4 at 50-60fps (in-game)

If yes, what are the plugins you use and the settings recommended?

Many thanks..

My cpu specs:
Intel dual core, 1.6GHz (poor i know)
512mb ram
512mb Nvidia geforce 8400

I am planning to upgrade my ram to 2gb anytime, but do you think it's worth it? i mean, will it add a noticeable increase in speed in emulation?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Your CPU and GPU are both far too weak. RAM can't hurt but won't increase framerate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks. so instead of upgrading my ram, i should just upgrade my processor?

damn, i just bought that video card a few days ago. i should have picked the 9600 one, :(. if i only knew better. i was thinking both are just 512mb, and did not know about the importance of the gt difference.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
Yup. Should'a bought at least a 9600GT.

Your entire system needs a proper upgrade. :( These days 2GB is commonplace. CPU-wise, you typically need a 3GHz or faster C2D.

BTW - try running PCSX2 with your game running and pull up the task manager by pressing ctrl-alt-del and view the performance tab. Look under the 'Physical Memory' section and make note of your free memory.

If you're on XP, you probably won't see much of a performance boost. As cooliscool mentioned, additional RAM won't increase your framerate, but it will help stop some of the stuttering.

Your biggest performance increase will occur with a CPU upgrade.

I'm laying all of this out to provide you with an upgrade path so you can see the upgrade "priorities". All in all, your system does need a complete overhaul for good PS2 emulation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
masta, thanks..

Ill try to sell that vid card. Sold or not, i will buy a new video card (again), so could you suggest which brand and model should i pick?

and definitely will look into upgrading my processor to core2d this weekend.

again, many thanks..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts