Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, I'm new to epsxe and the plugin thing is pretty overwhelming. I'm trying to play Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain but I'm getting a black screen with no sounds. Or rather I was, then I tried changing things and now I just get an error that says "Play (Secondary)" and then epsxe crashes and burns. Anyways, here's what I DO know:

I'm using:
Pete's Open GL2 Driver 2.9
P.E Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9

My video card is very cheap:
MobileIntel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

I get the "Play (Secondary)" error with both "Nice" and "Fast" settings. I'm sorry if this is a recurring noob problem - I did a search for what settings to use but I couldn't find any resolutions to my problem.

Thanks a bunch.

EDIT:
So I ran the wizard for the plugins where it just says it's configuring them and now nothing happens. It's just a black screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply!

So I looked for a "d3d6" plugin and didn't find one. So I downloaded Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77 (it's got a two Ds, a 3 and a 6), and now it plays the opening credits - I get to where the Silicon Knights logo finished animating and then it freezes. There's also no sound.

EDIT: I looked into the sound and silly 'ol me had deleted the sound plugin AND checked the No Sound option. So I fixed that and everything seems to work fine now. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.