Next Generation Emulation banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,069 Posts
Sound/Audio programming related tutorials

DirectSound programming tutorials (Lessons 1-6) « Blueshogun96’s (Shogun3D’s) Weblog

There's more to be done, I've just been a busy/tired man lately. I haven't gotten to the 3D sound, streaming buffers, mp3 and ogg vorbis playback tutorials yet because IRL is a [email protected]#%&, but at least I got the stuff on "IDirectSoundNotify" and the "DirectSound Buffer Effects" tutorials working finally ^^ But I'm sure I can do it after work tommorow. :dead:

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,069 Posts
Another update.

I haven't been able to keep up with my blog as much as I wanted to, but I did add two new tutorials: DirectSound3D and EAX. Now, I know what you're thinking, "EAX is useless because Vista has no native support for it". That's not entirely true since not everyone uses Vista, and Creative labs has released software to re-enable EAX support for SoundBlaster cards. It took me a while to get this tutorial working, so one of you [email protected]#%ers better download it and find it interesting :)

DirectSound Tutorials (Update) Lesson 7 and 8 « Blueshogun96’s (Shogun3D’s) Weblog

Enjoy. And happy coding.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,069 Posts
I find your stuff interesting. I don't understand most of it, but I enjoy it. I often find myself reading things I Don't truly understand. :p
Yeah, I know it's a bit old, but thanks BigIg :) I'm in a bit of a bind lately and can't always make the really cool blog updates that you've been waiting for. I'm in the process of trying to move out of this hellhole, but it's proving really troublesome lately. The life of blueshogun can be pure chaos, but you'll understand when you're older :) More....

Regardless of how busy I am, I need to keep my gamedev portfolio work updated (one way or another). It's another update about my texture creations. Instead of leaving everything in .bmp format, non-squared, and separate alpha, I used .tga (RLE compressed for most), squared and pow2, and alpha channel included (32-bit texture).

Blueshogun’s texture portfolio update 6/26/08 « Blueshogun96’s (Shogun3D’s) Weblog

Hope you like it.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts