Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a Function that allows you to block some one From Posting in your Thread meaning the blocked user is not allowed to post in your Threads but maybe Except Stickies.

What do you think?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The above user was banned for not searching the vB mods forum before making a suggestion for an impossible to do feature.....among other reasons (which there are numerous)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Hey, i haven't even responded to his last 200 posts at all. (except this one and one other 10 mins ago)

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
People do not 'own' threads, only at most their posts, and certainly have no right to deny others the right to speak.
Forums themselves are a place of peer discussers, or so they are supposed to of course. There are valid reasons why such types of 'moderating' are not for members for the same reason as to why members thankfully arent allowed to ban each others).

How about a Function that allows you to block some one From Posting in your Thread meaning the blocked user is not allowed to post in your Threads but maybe Except Stickies.

What do you think?
Very bad idea. I'll skip the list of reasons why.

The usual recommendations (for everyone) will be:
- use ignore lists if necessary.
- ticken your skin (this includes ceasing to visit the bin).

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Chrono -> if it was only Squall then its not worth it (No offense i am saying their are many , hence the XBOX360 Question) and aside that , it would be a service for every one.

@riki -> the bin is not the only place aside of that some privacy should Exist here. the bin i learned people need to take a joke but i don't like when some one keep Trolling my Questions rather than answering them while i am waiting for a serious answer and i am not talking about the bin here... some thing else.

@Squall -> not about you any more.

when I try to get some knowledge some one just Point and Laugh or just post "....." or "lol" or "Face Palm" , actually a good feature would be a person is allowed to ban some one from viewing his/her Thread . that would decrease the number of Trolls out their.

*Excuse my English please*

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I think that having the option to ban someone from posting in a thread is an absolutely terrible idea. As Rikki stated the ignore user function is more than an appropriate function, but to dictate who can and cannot post in a thread crosses the line into communistic territories, and segregates the discussion to only those who you get along with. Not exactly a friendly option for the members of this forum.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Ignoring the user achieves the same end as far as you are concerned Sonic2036 so just add Squall (and the others) to your ignore list.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
sonic just use the ignore list for christ's sake, it is there for a reason and we cannot stress it's use for you any more than we already have.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
What I would suggest is for him to stop posting for a while as was recommended by one of our member before. I think Schumi.

He should lurk, read and try to learn. Most of his post are self responded within 3 minutes on google or less.

I've been here since 2004, registered on 2005, that time I spend it reading and trying to learn the basics of emulation, checked which topics are allowed here and which always ended in locks. ex: religion threads.

He's trying to go to university without going to school first, and that only makes him look bad.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Use you ignore list! That is its purpose!

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It's dangerous to ignore someone this ignorant...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
banning a person for a posting in a thread.....it losses the need for having an online forum in itself......(we post here if we have problem or want a discussion about something(in case of open discussions).....now if a person isn't allowed to post his/her views in a thread then the thread wont serve its purpose.

use the ignore function.....

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What I would suggest is for him to stop posting for a while as was recommended by one of our member before. I think Schumi.

He should lurk, read and try to learn. Most of his post are self responded within 3 minutes on google or less.

I've been here since 2004, registered on 2005, that time I spend it reading and trying to learn the basics of emulation, checked which topics are allowed here and which always ended in locks. ex: religion threads.

He's trying to go to university without going to school first, and that only makes him look bad.

Google won't help in Emulation Related Questions. and I never started a religion Threads... and still Trolls just insults me instead of reading my questions and distract other memmbers from replying. such as i ask a question and need explaination , then some one just answer no. then I say can you explain please? he/she just say no or Oh Facepalm , Stupid Thread.and also that actually prevents Trolls from looking at your Threads then Makes fun of them which actually a sign of Trolling.

since this was rejected , i have no thing more to say.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Google won't help in Emulation
Wait... what?
Well if thats the case, then i must've come fully programmed with all the stuff i know..... i also must be an android.

Related Questions. and I never started a religion Threads... and still Trolls just insults me instead of reading my questions and distract other memmbers from replying. such as i ask a question and need explaination , then some one just answer no. then I say can you explain please? he/she just say no or Oh Facepalm
Yes... because your views in about gay people aren't entirely religious bias.

and also that actually prevents Trolls from looking at your Threads then Makes fun of them which actually a sign of Trolling.

There is no possibility to ban any one person from a specific users thread, to do so would actually mean the thread creator is actually the thread owner, and as it happens once a post is made into the forums database, any information within that post becomes the property of the person who owns that database.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
Wait... what?
Well if thats the case, then i must've come fully programmed with all the stuff i know..... i also must be an android.

I know right?

But seriously, I exhaust all resources before making a thread here asking a question.

Google won't help in Emulation Related Questions. and I never started a religion Threads... and still Trolls just insults me instead of reading my questions and distract other memmbers from replying. such as i ask a question and need explaination , then some one just answer no. then I say can you explain please? he/she just say no or Oh Facepalm , Stupid Thread.and also that actually prevents Trolls from looking at your Threads then Makes fun of them which actually a sign of Trolling.

How will you ever learn if you're allowed to get away with your ignorance?????

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Nobody wants your idea, Sonic2036. :mad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.