Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I tried copying a game(final fantasy 9) with blindread it reports during the extraction, bad sectors. Actually it says Bozo Read at the top and underneath it, it says bad sector count. The extraction slows down considerbly when it goes through this procedure, but once it stops reporting it, the extraction speeds back up. I am able to finish the full extraction and start the game, but I got a feeling that those bad sector counts wil lead to problems. I mean I had over 900 of them for cd 3 and 4, which I would think is alot. Cd1 didnt have as many and cd2 had one. Anyone know if this is normal for BlindRead, or is the game just write protected and you cant copy it properly? Blink Read defines these bad sectors as "Some protection schermes uses special zones to protect cd against unauthorized duplication."
I doubt the cds are bad(scratched) seeing as the cds are clean and theres 4 of them, and all of them give these corruption errors. Can someone please reasure me on this?

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Bad sectors usually mean one of three things:

1) Damaged CD;
2) Some problem between the software and the CD-Rom drive;
2) Copy protection.

I have the US version of FF9, and I don't remember getting any bad sectors here. I suggest you test reading the CD in another drive, or test a different software for ISO dumping.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I think the answer here is scratched CD... you'll still be able to play through the game no problem, it's just that these errors may cause either background corruption, MDEC errora, or sound errors.
You'll still be able to play normally, you just see some garbage here and there..... my FF9 disc 1, Chrono Cross disc 1, and Hard Edge are all scratched :( But dumping them to ISOs make them playable again, even with the minor corruptions! :) I use blindread too.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by MC_Renzy
is it best to make the files bin or iso? I made the ff9 files bin.
As Bgnome already told you in response to the same post you made for another thread, it doesn't matter what extension you use. Don't double post posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts