Next Generation Emulation banner

how do you think epsxe performs with regard to bleem?

• far better than bleem

Votes: 33 94.3%
  • kinda better than bleem

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • worse than bleem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it´s the worst!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
everyone has known the obvious difference between bleem and epsxe. this thread is to settle things. which one is better? say it here (without insulting anyone of them or their enterprises, ok?)

(if you like bleem, I suggest you may go to this thread in the bleem forum)

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
everyone knows that epsxe has far better compatibilty then bleem... unless bleem starts doin sum major updates epsxe will alwayz be on top :D

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The problem with bleem now is Sound (The PSX Midi type music sucks beyond belief with bleem) and Graphics features (no effects, no offscreen drawing{look at Crash bandicoots shadow in bleem}, Both Pete and lewpy have far, far outdone Bleems capabilites)

S

·
0 Posts
what they say!!!! ;)

bleem's good for running gt1/gt2 and perhaps for tony hawks, and that's it.
epsxe is the best you can get now.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmmm

We are more of an EPSXE fan.We all know what sets EPSXE over Bleem..but we will give Bleem credit in some cases.

No need to configure various plugins and BIOS (For PSX EMU beginners) i.e User friendly

Plays some games that EPSXE cannot yet (Tekken 2)

um....thats all we can think of at this point...

·
Registered
4 Posts
well, bleem! was good for its time, but now its just wrong to even try to run anything on it. epsxe is so much more compatible and it enhances the graphics and allows for savestates and iso loading. (the savestates sure do come in handy for games like ff9 and harvest moon!)

S

·
0 Posts
Bleem! had their chance and they blew it. They also hurt a lot of trusting decent people in process (I was one of those). Epsxe has their chance and they are taking the "ball" and "running" with it. IMHO ePSXe so far out distances bleem! now, that it isn't even funny any more.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
24 Posts
bleem is not better that epsxe. But in some aspects it is (was).
I think epsxe is the best emulator around, but only because VGS has no savestates (and no enhancement...)
The perfect psx emulator should not only play all games, it should also be able to enhance them and be compatible to the emus all the suckers use... wow that'd be nice :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
epsxe it´s almost the best....

guys, I think that you agree with me that epsxe is a very good one, but don´t you think that it is kinda tricky some times?

I mean, epsxe IS NOT USER FRIENDLY IN ANY WAY! , it does not support onboard devices very well (it is a miracle that it worked in my PC!) but if you have a good expensive PC (at least in my country...) it will prove to be a perfect emu.

for me nothing could defeat VGS as the best emu, it is a shame that it is not as good (in graphic, sound and playable games list features) as epsxe, but it had proved to be an almost perfect emu....

S

·
0 Posts
One major thing that keeps VGS from being or becoming the best PSX emu out there, besides its lack of enhanced graphics or D3D support, is that it is dead, finished, kaput. Sony bought it from Connectix in the spring of this year, end of story:dead: :( :( :( . RIP VGS, it was nice while it lasted.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 14 of 14 Posts