Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.bleem.com

I can't believe this. I was looking forward to FFIX and Smackdown on Bleemcast. I bought MGS and Tekken 3 AND GT3, but unfortunately I guess the efforts of a few just wasn't enough.

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
what a sad end. somewhere deep inside of me, i was hoping for a bleem 1.7a...well not really. :D

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Well, no matter what other people think about the company, its still a shame this had to happen.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Okay, if anybody can't get to them, here's the text from bleemdirect.com:

Yeah, it sucks, but don't worry - all orders placed with bleem!DIRECT will be filled.
If you've sent me an email about shipping problems, lost orders, alien abductions, returns, etc., I'm digging through them and promise, every issue WILL be resolved to your satisfaction in the next several days. (in other words, you don't have to send me a million emails - I'm not skipping town with your money - just gimme a day or two)

If you have further issues, questions, condolences, or whatever, email me at [email protected].
And, there's just a picture at bleem.com (If you can't say anything else about bleem, at least they used a kickass picture for this. :p):

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
It was bound to happen sooner or later.Though the picture they used looks quite good.
Neway another pillar of emulators castle falls following on footsteps of cvgs and fpse.Too sad.:(

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
sonic for a sony console emulator... where's crash bandicoot or whatever his name is... :heh:

S

·
0 Posts
Too bad this had to happen. IMO they were releasing some very cool stuff lately.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Dark Watcher

The Sonic pic was quite fitting...since Bleem's last bedfellow was indeed Sega Dreamcast....
oh yeah, true, true. i was totally removed from the bleemcast situation. sorry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
aww...

aww...
sad news indeed...

arg..

well yeah i guess they are time to go..

true true.., they did have quit a large influence on the commercial side of emulation.... theres not much of those nowa days...

Well i guess its good to have as much emulators for a certain console....
because... some games work better on different

just like people... we want to meet a lot of people... and some become special... and the more u know... the greater chance of more people will become special...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They probably ran out of money and maybe they just didn't feel like fighting anymore. They were always up against roadblocks be it legal, financial or those underhanded tricks by Sony to pressure retailers. I live in Canada and we didn't even get Bleemcast until 2 or 3 weeks after they began shipping. If Sony didn't care it'd be a completely different story and although I don't like it one bit, I can somewhat understand why Sony did what they did.

At this point I wonder if releasing the source, or unfinished projects would be a possibility? Haha I just want to play 4-player Smackdown so bad!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,the first commercial PSX emu is finally dead(I don't like the fact that emulation is starting to ask money).
Even if some of you may be sad,I just don't care about Bleem's death,I don't have a DC and they totally don't care about their customers,so in the end,I believe that Bleem's death is a good thing for the community.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I still perceive no problem with charging money for all that hardwork they did on putting the emu(s) together. Working for free is not exactly that exciting. I for one am not happy that they died off, even though I was never a big fan of bleem!. I still think the emulation community is spoiled, what with all these free emulators. If the majority of emulators had to be paid for, I think that people would have a bit more respect for them and a lot less whining, like what they did to Dave of Final Burn CPS2 fame for example. It is down right sad and pathetic at times.

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
I think the following saying is appropriate:
"One should not rejoice in the misfortunes of others."

The people who made Bleem a reality etc. put a lot of work into it, and though they weren't perfect they did something. A lot more than what people who do who just use the emulators.

I wish the people of Bleem Inc. good fortune in whatever they do.

Cyb

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Thus ends another era. Half of me is suprised that it happened so unexpectedly the other half... well you have to admit there was a lot of unfortunate business decisions made by the company. Whilst I do not agree with the way that they abandoned the pc version for the DC one I could understand it. It had reached the point were there was too many upcoming free emus that were looking as good if not better than there commerial one. Although that said they really could have informed us better than just saying were making a DC version and then closing down the message board when the currect owners expressed concerns. Also they had a serious run of bad luck, endless lawsuits, and backing the wrong console. After all the effort put into B!DC for the conole to stop production shortly before its launch is not good for business. They couldn't really come back to the pc easilly anyways as bleem doesn't work on the nt kernel and my guess is that it would require a lot of effort to do so (after all Rand stated that it would never be made compatible with Win2K). Now with XP out the program is more or less obsolete. It was only a matter of time.

Beta goes to the infamous cupboard. He finds the bleem cd, blows off the dust then places it into the carboard box above it..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts