Next Generation Emulation banner

Did you send a letter of support for Bleem! Inc?

• Yes, every distributor!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No, but I hope they show Sony...

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Are you kidding?!?!

Votes: 15 68.2%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now Bleem! wants our support?! hah =)

notice the lack of forum on their page, evidentally they want our voices to be heard, but not our voices to be heard.

if Sony launches a Pro-Sony campaign, I'm in, been satisfied with more of their products anyhow.

-btw even though this thread is sort of flame bait (assuming bleem has supporters) for those that do like bleem, just consider me a dissatisfied customer =)

since I'm new here how about a little poll

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by Brink
Now Bleem! wants our support?! hah =)

notice the lack of forum on their page, evidentally they want our voices to be heard, but not our voices to be heard.

if Sony launches a Pro-Sony campaign, I'm in, been satisfied with more of their products anyhow.

-btw even though this thread is sort of flame bait (assuming bleem has supporters) for those that do like bleem, just consider me a dissatisfied customer =)

since I'm new here how about a little poll

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Epsxe 1.2.0 very much and I use it more than VGS or Bleem! for that matter. But you see, if we do not help them, Sony might be emboldened to add more measures to stop PSX emulation. I like PSX emulation , very much. I was saddened by the demise of VGS. If we continue being passive about it, after Bleem!, who next will Sony set their eyes on? If Epsxe continues to improve the way it is, you'll be sure that Sony will set their eyes on them. Remember UltraHLE?

S

·
0 Posts
heh...
well, to be honest.
sometimes I support bleem,
sometimes I don't
sometimes I make jokes about bleem (but not on this forum)

the above depends on my mood a lot....I also changed my opinion on the company (the company, not the people, I have nothing against randy or david or anyone there) and the product quite a few times....

but...
overall I think bleem's ok....

BTW, I re-installed bleem 1.5B yesterday and....hey...it's not THAT bad...I sometimes forget that before VGS it was the premier emu and I had a lot of fun with it, especially the first half year I had it.
anyways, it DOES run Gran Turismo 1 quite nicely....

oh, and a little tip for bleemers: I noticed FSAA is a great way to slow too fast games down to more playable speed...

as for 1.4, tried that too, better speed sometimes (not always) but when it limits the speeds it garbles the music often...1.5 doesn't do that and is more stable in fact.

As for the sony vs bleem wars....I hope bleem wins. I don't have a DC but I'd definately get a few of those bleempacks If I had one....yes, I've been ironic about bleem too at times, but from what I've heard it's a really nice product.

I've been hearing much less negative things about bleem lately...
they're not so bad afterall...I've been listening too much to others at times...the only time I was really pissed was just after E3 last year....that's when many people hoped for bleem 1.6, which never came...however, my dissapointment about that is long gone, even though I'd still like to see a bleem with better speed...but like I said the FSAA works great to slow the thing down when it goes too fast.

on a side note, bleem co-exists peacefully with vgs and epsxe on my HD.....
maybe I should put adripsx there too, and soon fpse :)

hmm, psx emulation r00lz...
How many percent of the psx games run decently on a pc now? 95% or something?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doh!

I got moved to the bleem forum, great, this'll never be seen again, oh well, great way to kill a post without actually killing it. I thought, esp after a few posts, this had become general discussion.

well just from the poll it looks like most don't wish them bad things, but wouldn't exactly mind horribly much.

·
Registered
526 Posts
bleems a great emu .. i love it along with the other emus ...any emus that has been constructed deserves respect.. no matter how bad or good it maybe ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bleem was a good emu (for the time). Bleem LLC, well let's not go there. As for providing them support, I'll be sure to do that......

soon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Originally posted by wanderer
But you see, if we do not help them, Sony might be emboldened to add more measures to stop PSX emulation.
Good idea! Let Bleem! be the scapegoat and distract Sony while the ePSXe team makes an even better emulator!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sony's not about to bother with the freeware emus. They'll still go after people who post the bios, but beyond that, they'll largly ignore it. The difference with bleem and vgs was the companies were making money off it and sony wasn't getting it's cut. (big business, the Sopranos, it's all the same :) )

Also, you can't compare what happened with UltraHLE, because of the nature of the emulator. Since the N64 is cartridge based, any games played had to either be downloaded, or (in non-mindo's mind), illegaly backed up. Plus, the big N's extremely agressive about their copyrights. They even sued a company making guides for the pokemon games a couple months back

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Originally posted by Vash
Sony's not about to bother with the freeware emus. They'll still go after people who post the bios, but beyond that, they'll largly ignore it. The difference with bleem and vgs was the companies were making money off it and sony wasn't getting it's cut. (big business, the Sopranos, it's all the same :) )

Also, you can't compare what happened with UltraHLE, because of the nature of the emulator. Since the N64 is cartridge based, any games played had to either be downloaded, or (in non-mindo's mind), illegaly backed up. Plus, the big N's extremely agressive about their copyrights. They even sued a company making guides for the pokemon games a couple months back
Yeah, guess you're right... But what if... just imagine this... Epsxe next to the next version (1.5.0???) does away with the BIOS and reaches commercial quality (quality MDECS, smooth gameplay, running very well on my k6-2 350 Mhz comp, which by the way Bleem does quite well on some games)? That would be enough to make the big S blink, don't you think? :eyes:

Then again, I might be rambling. (wandering?)

P.S.

If I remember my history correctly Bleem! tried to cooperate with Sony before (Randy tried to approach them and do business with them), but Sony flatly refused and snubbed them before. When Bleem came out with the emu, Sony blinked... and thus started the Bleem - Sony wars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heh..

EpsxE is already commercial quality, hell, it runs all my games, Bleem didn't run half *or maybe I didn't buy Crash bandicoot or Tomb Raider to know how damn good bleem is* If sony was picking the worst culprit of psx piracy, it'd probably be epsxe as I know when I buy a game that it will PROBABLY run on epsxe, vs not likely running on bleem. I've said it in the past, but if epsxe did go commercial and improved upon the design, I'd be glad to pay the same 35$ that I wasted on bleem (and still haven't been refunded). If bleem wins maybe thats what they intend to do, but I don't thank bleem for saving their own asses, if they pave the way for other commercial emulators, fine, let them get that 1 commendation, cause they aren't scoring any points with their product!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I definitely support bleem! Why would sony need to worry now that PSOne is winding down? If more people have Bleem, then more people will buy their PSOne games! Hey, its not like Sony's profitting off the PSOne console right now! GO BLEEM! Show Sony!

P.S. I actually support all psx emulators so...

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Uhm, Brink, I think you just ate your own bait =)

By the way, do you know that Sony get's more profits with the software than with the hardware? For every game that's burned on cd, there's an amount that Sony charges the developers for the licensing and use of their hardware (from some sources, it amounts to about $5-10 per disk, if I remember it correctly).

Actually, I know of another company that does this profiting over software... Microsoft.

PC hardware is cheap. But look at your software; some are almost or even more expensive than your PC!

I'm not complaining though... I'm a freelance programmer :p

From buying the development software from M$, I distribute the expenses to my clients. In fact, you can charge a lot to your clients (which I don't), and your client's wouldn't mind because without you, their hardware don't work.

Kind of sad, but true.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
huh?

I don't see how I ate my own bait, I wasn't even really flamebaiting (or I could of just said "BLEEM ^@#^@# SUCKS")

I can really see where your going with this software thing tho, most companies really wouldn't want to profit from their hard work, hell no, M$ is evil, die M$ die, software support for hardware? wtf are they doing? bleeding us?!?!

cd's are stamped *not burned* at a factory (in fact, sony owns one the biggest cd stamping productions worldwide).

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Oops. sorry, wrong term :emb:

Anyway, I was trying to make a joke, seeing ppol getting all heated up for an emu, whose PC version that's not been updated for more than a year, makes me downright nervous. :p

Ever notice I stick out my tongue often? lol.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yes, ePSXe is commercial quality. Hell it even runs faster with the OpenGL plugin then Bleem! does on software mode. :p - But I don't think the ePSXe would sell ePSXe, they are too cool for that. I wonder what would happen if you e-mailed sony about specs for the PSX to create an emulator. (I know you can find them everywhere, but just wondering what the big 'S' would say.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts