Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It could have happened quite a number of times already, people already guessed that this company wouldn't be able to keep up for a long time - but now it came really surprising for most of us: <a href="http://www.bleem.com" TARGET="_blank">bleem!</a>, the company behind the PC emulator bleem! and the bleemcast! emulator, today closed their doors, 30 months after their first release of bleem! v1.0 ! During that time, they went through a lot of struggles and problems, but it seemed they always found a solution and were able to continue.

It's somehow hard to belive, but the page you're reading right now has, in big parts, only been possible through this company - keep in mind that this all started with the "Unofficial bleem! support site". And although NGEmu/PSXEmu wasn't always supporting them in the way an emulation site could, I always had big respect for what David (CEO) and Randy (programmer) did and how they were able to continue with all these lawsuits, financial problems and other stuff in their neck.

Now that it's all over for them, I'd like to wish David, Randy, James, Sean and all the others more luck in their future with their next project, and hope that the depts they ran into won't affect their future too much. Thanks for everything you did for the emulation community !

Oh yeah, in case you're worried about your order from bleemdirect!, head over to <a href="http://www.bleemdirect.com/" TARGET="_blank">this page</a> and read the small text at the bottom for details on your order.

R

·
0 Posts
AHHH NOOO!!!

This truly sucks! There was no greater then bleem! I can still remember the good ol days of bleem! Back when i firsed discovered PSX emu! NOOOO!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Well, I still hope that they allow us to put it up for download now that people can't get it from their page any more.

And yeah, it is sad ... it was what got everything started here ...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yeah... I can't deny it, at first I liked bleem!. At the time of its first realease, it was pratically the only emulator really capable to emulate PSX. We had a few other ones, but bleem! was the only one really doing it.

It's a shame for the people envolved in the project.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, now that bleem! is finally out of commision, I wonder if they will decide to reveal what that name meant anyway. It was supposedly a big secret and refused to tell anyone who asked. It could be their one last gift :)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
back in early '98 I was impressed with a leaked bleem demo. it played Final Fantasy 7's MDEC's in b&w...and was playable to the first battle. However the retail version was a disapointment, the promised emulation of playstation games was more or less a novelty.
Better emulators eventually came which do a far better job.

so much for the promise of life time updates.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
all good things have to come to an end anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OPEN BLEEM

I Hope For Godsakes They Post The src on slashdot.org or something.
I hope BLEEM GPL or OPEN BLEEM Comes to BE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts