Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sure many are wondering this...

is there any way to get Bleem! to work in windows xp? (what was ms thinking when they created xp. Shit they just realsed 2000/me)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:p That's what ive been trying to do only with the billions of plugins im totally lost. Everything that could go wrong was going wrong, heh.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The answer to that question is no. Pure and simple. As they have gone out of business I doupt it will ever be made to either.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
The only way to get bleem to work in XP would be a complete rewrite or a Windows emulator. Considering how much of a performance hit the latter would cause, you're better off going with a different emulator.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I THINK bleem is out of business. It's not like we're getting a lot of specifics for how and why (I can think of a couple possibilities, but I can't bring them up).

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Indeed I am quite sure that with the right plugins you will find other emulators to be quite superior to Bleem! (epsxe) I'm not dissing bleem!, but there are just better emu's out there.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I know that but the version 1.5b ran alot of games and when there was a part of a game in epsxe that I couldn't pass becuz it froze or something,i just converted the memory card to bleem...passed the part and then put it back to epsxe to play.

A

·
0 Posts
The problem with bleem! is that is was updated less than most free emus, which is really, really bad.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Soylvak
I know that but the version 1.5b ran alot of games and when there was a part of a game in epsxe that I couldn't pass becuz it froze or something,i just converted the memory card to bleem...passed the part and then put it back to epsxe to play.
thats why it's always handy to have more than one emu on your system :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re:

Yeah, I tried running Bleem! in every single compatibility mode available. Even slashed the visual themes and kicked it to 640x480(hey, I was desperate). No go still.

Y'know, Bleem! was a really cool emulator... That yellow and orange box is what introduced me to PSX emulation. Proving that it's not only possible(which I already knew at the time), but you can enhance the games... THAT'S what really impressed me.

*sniff*

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
So far as I can tell, if you have a computer that can actually run XP faster than it can run Win98 (i.e. no P200 MMXs), you really don't want to run Bleem! anyways. ePSXe should run better than Bleem! would have. However, if you DO have that 200 Mhz, Bleem! is a godsend :).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts