Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to dump their old GT2 playstation saves to the Dreamcast VMU? I have tried to download dexdrive saves to my VMU through the Dreamcast internet browser but it didn't work (kind of obvious too). Is there any way to do this? It sucks to have to lose all those hours again for all the licenses and hard to get cars.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
well, considering its bleem, why dont you try converting those dexdrive saves into bleem saves?
you can use a memcard manager to do it, such as the one on www.aldostools.com
however, you hafta remember that the vmu must be clean for it to work. and at least im not even sure what kind of format the bleemcast actually saves in so this might not even work at all. what you can do to test is to get a save onto your vmu and maybe upload that and try it out on bleem.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm sure it's worth a try, but I sorta doubt that the DC browser will recognize the files on the bleemcast! formatted VMU... When you look at it in the VMU manager on the DC, it sees the entire VMU as one huge block, IIRC. The browser is probably going to be the same way. Maybe someone will figure out how to write a homebrew DC prog that will be able to read/write to the bleemcast! format, and allow you to DL saves to it (This IS a hint to all the DC devs out there. :p)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hmm, I'm not sure if that would work or not. Assuming the DexDrive could read the bleemcast! formatted VMU, then it seems like it would work. Unfortunately, there is not a DexDrive for the DC, AFAIK. There are some 3rd party VMU's that come with link cables, to link them to the PC. It's possible that you could use one of those to do this. Of course, I don't know how good the software is that comes with it, so it might be difficult to "find out where bleemcast stores the psx save data in the dreamcast save and insert the psx save into it," but definitely worth a try, if someone has one of those!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts