Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Well, first off, my problems with memory cards. I have never had a lot of luck with cards, as the images I created from my real cards via DexDrive were able to be read by ePSXe but I could not write to the cards. I have even tried running ePSXecutor, but the cards it creates, even after formatted, dont seem usable. So, I tried copying the card image files manually, and renaming them. These were readable, but unfortunetly the BIOS, when executed through ePSXe, doesnt seem to save the changes I made to the cards ie deleting all the files so I have a blank. If someone knows something I dont, or knows of a place I could download an actauly working blank memory card image, I would be most grateful.

The second problem I am having is minor and really more irritating than important. Everytime I start the emu, my GamePadPros dont work until I hit the F4 (I think, the one relating to SIO IRQ) key a couple of times. During this period the emulator itself is very bogged down, and is clearly trying to work something out. After hitting that key everything returns to normal and runs fine. Like I said, not a biggie, but if there is an easy fix or something I am missing, I would appreciate the advice. Oh yea, if it is at all relavent, the GamePads are USB. Until recently, however, I have never had this problem.

So, if anybody has a solution for my memory card problem, please take a second to drop a line and let me know what I am missing.

My sincere gratitude,
TastEPlasma

Plug-ins:
Petes D3D 1.55
Eternal SPU
Segu DirectPad Input (I think...)
Internal ePSXe ASPI thingy

1Ghz Athlon-C, ABITKT7A-RAID MoBo, 512 MB PC150 RAM, AiW Radeon, GameTheaterXP, 4-pt. Surround w/Sub (Cambridge Soundworks), 19" Flatscreen Monitor, IBM 307030 HD, Gravis GamePad Pro USB X2, Win98SE OS (back from WinXP, blech! ;-) )

·
Registered
215 Posts
you need this to make and convert memory cards between epsxe/dexdrive/bleem/vgs this should fix your memcard problems dont know about the pad though

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
The F4 thing is well known and fixes most memcard and controller problems.. Well, atleast you don't have to press it all the time during the game..

You can use epsxe executor to import your dexdrive saves onto a fresh epsxe memcard.. Thereby, you don't lose your saves on your dexdrive since you aren't using them directly.. Executor will just import them and create a formatted memcard with the imported saves from your dexdrive memcard..

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetings...

Hey,

Thanks for responding guys. :) Unfortunetly, I was trying to create a blank card, and I havent yet figured out a way to wipe one clean, BUT I did manage to get a card working. What I did was have epxecutor create a card, format it using that, THEN go into Dragon Warrior 7, and when it detects the card as not formatted, it gives me the option of doing so. After I have done this the card is able to be used. Ridiculously long process, but hey. it works.

Anyways, thanx again for the advice...I guess F4 is just the magic key for a lot of games. :)

Sincerely,
TastEPlasma

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
do you have your controller set up as digital/analog? if so, f5 is the key to hit first to see if the controller will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts