Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might or might not know, BW2 is filled with bugs,and the forum is overfloading with people who have errors and stuff...

Well from my own experience by now, first I had this annoying message that i have some dvd/cd-emulation software for BW2, turns out that it scans your pc for stuff like CloneCD and when that's detected,bad luck for you...So I unninstalled it,and voila,another error.Seems my good old Geforce2 doesn't support pixel shading 1.1 :( .BUT it seemed on the BW2 forum that you can "emulate" it with a program called "3DAnalyze".Tough part is, that program is filled with options that I have no clue about whatsoever, and whatever I pick, it doesn't even give the splash screen when I try to run BW2 :(

Anyway didn't really know where to put it, so I just did it here...mods be free to place it somewhere else if you wish or so.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Filled with bugs? I havent founda single one yet oO. The fact that your card can't play the game doesnt make it a bug :p

I can't help you with the 3 analyze thingy couse i never used it, you should try posting in lionhead forum, the guys are really helpfull there.

As for clone cd you dont need to uninstall it. Just run this before u run the game. You'll need to run it everytime u want to play B&W2 but used cloneCD before:

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
I don't think a geforce2 is good enough to run that game, and even if you get it to run with 3DAnalyze I doubt it'll run good. If you want to play it try, getting a new video-card... at least that's my advice.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
One interesting thing is the system requirements weren't on the box...At least the ones in the Electronics Boutique I visit...
Granted, I know it won't run on my PC, but I'd like to know the requirements of software before I buy it! LOL ;)

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* OS - Windows 2000/XP
* Processor - Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent 1.6 GHz
* Memory - 512MB RAM
* Hard Drive - 3.5GB
* DVD-ROM - 8 SPEED (PC CD-ROM version also available in USA)
* Video Card - 64MB with 1.1 Pixel Shader*
* Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
* DirectX - Version 9.0c
* Input - Keyboard, mouse

Taken from http://www.lionhead.com/bw2/about.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.