Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I everyone, i tried to play Black Sigil on different emulators but its not working at all, i tries Desmume ... its not starting at all, tried no$zoomer both versions ( 2.3.0.1 and 2.3.0.2 ) on the first it goes black after fights on the worldmap , and on the second one ( even with EX 3 and EX 5 ) no bug but i cant save, it just gives me some weird colors when i try to save. someone plz HEEELLLPPP lol

· Banned
35,081 Posts
game requires a protection patch iirc.

· Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
The time it takes to get an answer is in no relation to the number of letters in in your plea; in other words, it's simply annoying.
To address your problem:
1) Look up Q #7 in Schumi's FAQ, or #1 in my sig.
2) If the game freezes during the saving process, the save might get corrupted and is therefore irrevocably lost.

· Registered
1 Posts
Black Sigil is playable using no$zommer 2.3.0.2, you need to use Other->extra->EX5, this fixes the random freeze problem, all the others EX seem to have no effect at least while a tested them (like 4-5 hours only).

Sadly EX5 has consequences, it randomly screws up while saving. To prevent this from happening disable EX5 BEFORE you go to the X menu to save, so lets say you are on the world map or over a save point? easy disable EX5, go to the save menu then save (there should not be any prolem). Just Remember to enable it after, because the game will surely freeze if you wander around w/o EX5.

Well thats how it works for me, I hope it helps.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
what version of desmume your using ?? i already tried ver 0.4.0 and 0.3.0 that wont work..
What on earth are you doing with that outdated version? You should always use the newest version of an emu that being 0.9.2 for DeSmuME or one of the even later SVN builds.

· Lurker, pretty much...
324 Posts
So you're downloading it from the old site... (desmume.com)

You probably haven't noticed that DeSmuME has become an open-source project since a long time, thus the new official site is DeSmuME - Nintendo DS Emulator :p

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.