Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering.

When you run a game and nothing but a black screen comes up, does that mean that the game won't work on the emulator? Or is it a bios problem? Or both?

It was a real hassle to rip the BIOS, so I'd like to know whether I fugged that part up or not.

Thanks.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
well what are the sizes of your BIOS files? and can you load the bios by going Run->Execute? by that i mean do you see the swirly boxes?

if you can then yes it means the game doesnt work, so try another :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, so far I had seen nothing in any of the settings I had tried, even when trying Run -> Execute. N00bness ensues.

I finally got the boxes to swirl, thanks a lot.

If I may ask a final question... I have the newest PCSx2 version (0.8.1), but when I ran it I couldn't get the GSDX9 thing to appear on the list for Graphics plugins (the plugin should come with the emulator, right?). I have an ATI Radeon 9550XT, which is supposed to support DX9, so that struck me as odd. Since I couldn't find any plugin in the folder resembling GSDX9 I also tried downloading the 0.6 one off the net, and it doesn't show on the Configure list either. Any ideas?

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
the only thing i can think of is you downloaded the sse2 build of pcsx2 and your pc doesnt support it. if not then thats very wierd, it should be in the list, check the dll is present

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I mentioned before, I saw that there were no files in the plugins folder I could recognize as part of GSDX9, so I downloaded the 0.6 version to see if that worked.

Furthermore, just to make sure I wasn't going wrong in (non)SSE problems, I downloaded both the SSE and non-SSE versions of PCSX2. I have a shot of both folders, each carrying their own GSDX9 file (GSDX9_SSE2 for the SSE version, non-SSE for the non-SSE version).

Just in case, I run my video card with Omega drivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.