Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Masaism
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been getting black screens, and no sound, as well as the program freezing up in Vista. In XP I had no problems, but in Vista it's nothing but a Black Screen.

I've tried Pete's OpenGL2, and his P.E.Op.S plugin, and neither work. Which both worked in XP. I have DEP disabled and Zlib1.dll in the directory, and I'm still not getting anything.

Thanks for the assistance,
- James

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
System info, and epsxe config info?

·
Masaism
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Sorry,

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz
2GB Ram
Geforce 8600GT
Vista Ultimate X86

I've used both the basic "Nice" settings, and maximum everything, except shader settings, and neither work. I'll make note that the Maxed settings worked fine in XP.

I'm using the 1001 BIOS, and I have tried the 7502, no difference. and default sound and CD plugins for now. Also I've tried my original copy of FF7, the Greatest hits copy, and made an ISO of the original, and Parrapa the Rappa, and none of them work, and they all work in my PSone, and I know PR worked in XP.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
do you run epsxe as an admin?

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
enable the logger (run>enable logs in the GUI) and see if it says anything interesting in the output window when you attempt to run a game.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
test the image or disk you are using in another emulator.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
What is your sound driver, and try updating it.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
try deleting the registry entries and re-install epsxe. can you tell us where you have had epsxe saved on your HD?

·
Masaism
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sound Drivers are the newest, and I just recently completely removed, and reinstalled Epsxe, or rather deleted and unzipped. It's on my D: Drive, or my backup partition. I have a second install on my XP part, or had since I removed it.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
do you launch from a shortcut or from the executable?

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
have you tested other SPU plugins out yet?

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
what about the spu core?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.