Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

at first: sorry 4 my bad english. I´m from Germany and my time at school is long ago.
I´m new in here an I hope for a pleasent welcome.
I experienced a problem with playing FF8 with ePSXe-Emulator.
I own the original FF8-CDs for PSX & PC, but i´m a little bit Scared about the bad graphic on both platforms.
My PC is a little bit too fast (Quad Core, Geforce260GTX, Vista) so FF8 does not run very nice (much graphic-problems) and the PSX provides a very dissappointing game-experience.

My Probleme is:
I downloaded the Emu, installed it and configured it with Bios & Plugins.
Now i ripped the FF8-1 CD to MDS file on HDD an loaded the Image.
The only thing i see is a black screen at ePSXe. Nothing else.
And:
There is no difference if I load the Original-CD.

Does anyone has an Idea what to do??

And:
There is no difference if I load the Original-CD.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Enable subchannel reads and mount the image on a virtual drive.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
its possible, it might depend on what version of the game you are using (NTSC or PAL) though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
doesn´t change anything...

damn, that doesn´t change anything.
which cdrom plugin do i have to use?

I mounted the Image @ DaemonTools and activated Subchannel read in plugin and set the virtual drive to default.
Virtual Drive is E:\ so I set E:\ to default.
Hm... i´m not sure, maybe i had to enable some "copy subchanneldata,too" @ alcohol120% ??
I´ll try to make a new Image and then ....

Edit: I did this but there is no difference...

a moment please... IT WORKS... now there are only a few graphic problems.
i try to fix them an then... have fun...

thx @ all

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
lol, yes, you need to copy the subchannel information as well when ripping the psx image,

selecting Playstation in the disk type list automatically sets the best options for psx games.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
After playing a few minutes i must say that the animations of the PSX-Version are very less smooth than the PC-Version.
Thats a big difference between both versions. The Animations & Videos look better on PC, the Sound & Background graphics look better on PSX. Hard to deside, but i´m sure i´ll send my PC-Version back to my Board...

Does anyone know what happened to the FF-PCSX (d3u5-3x & co) ?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The animations are perfectly smooth on the PSX version, however if you aren't reaching the required fps and have frame skipping enabled in the plugin. not to mention having both frame limiters enabled at once....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts