Next Generation Emulation banner

Black screen of DOOM

7K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  StriderVM 
So, I just downloaded the emulator, and after reading all these tutorials, I feel I finally got everything set up correctly.

I got the ROM set up that I wanted to play, set up the cdvdrom and the file path. I did File=>Run... the PS2 load screen comes up, and when it completes, the screen goes black and nothing else happens. On the Ps2 Output screen, after about 15-20 seconds, I get the following string, repeating over and over again:

<<<<<<HUNG timeout=0:2:0>>>>>>
PGIF=0010002c STAT=14802000 code=-1(ffffffff)
d1_chcr=70000045 vif1_stat=00000040 gif_stat=00000000
stack_check=76543210|76543210

I'm cdvdrom setup I was using was Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0. But after a while i kinda smacked myself, realizing that it's probably for linux only (If I'm wrong, please feel free to tell me). However, the only other ones I can use are CDVDnull (which of course doesn't do anything), P.E.Op.S (which crashes the emulator before I even get to the PS2 intro screen), and Gigaherz's CDVD plugin 0.7.0. Gigaherz's, as far as I can tell, doesn't give me an option to actually choose my ISO file to load, so all I get, when I use it, is a load up into the PS2 bios... And since there's no file/run command available once I get into the bios, I'm really really lost.

So, can anybody tell me how to actually get this thing running? I realize this was kinda long, and I apologize for that, but I could really use some help!!

Edit: So after doing a bit of reading, I came to the conclusion that Gigaherz and EFP are plugins that read from the DVD drive, which I'm not using, since I'm trying to run off ISO's. So I went back to try Linuz again, continuing to have the same problem. The file I'm trying to run is a .IMG file. I used a program to convert it to an ISO file, but when I did, I got an error saying "This is not a PS2 game" and the program crashed immediately after. Currently, I'm still stumped, so any help would be more than welcome.
Little tip, use your own Disks to create the ISO file, rather then half baked CloneCD image you downloaded from the internet.

FFX works at 25fps (lots of frameskipping) on this Sempron LE 1250 (2.2ghz) single core, ripped using Alcohol and mounted to virtual drive.

No, but in the cases where the Linuz plugin fails, you can use a virtual drive with Giga's CDVD Plugin.

the older DaemonTools (before they started chargning money)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.