Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I just downloaded the emulator, and after reading all these tutorials, I feel I finally got everything set up correctly.

I got the ROM set up that I wanted to play, set up the cdvdrom and the file path. I did File=>Run... the PS2 load screen comes up, and when it completes, the screen goes black and nothing else happens. On the Ps2 Output screen, after about 15-20 seconds, I get the following string, repeating over and over again:

<<<<<<HUNG timeout=0:2:0>>>>>>
PGIF=0010002c STAT=14802000 code=-1(ffffffff)
d1_chcr=70000045 vif1_stat=00000040 gif_stat=00000000
stack_check=76543210|76543210

I'm cdvdrom setup I was using was Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0. But after a while i kinda smacked myself, realizing that it's probably for linux only (If I'm wrong, please feel free to tell me). However, the only other ones I can use are CDVDnull (which of course doesn't do anything), P.E.Op.S (which crashes the emulator before I even get to the PS2 intro screen), and Gigaherz's CDVD plugin 0.7.0. Gigaherz's, as far as I can tell, doesn't give me an option to actually choose my ISO file to load, so all I get, when I use it, is a load up into the PS2 bios... And since there's no file/run command available once I get into the bios, I'm really really lost.

So, can anybody tell me how to actually get this thing running? I realize this was kinda long, and I apologize for that, but I could really use some help!!

Edit: So after doing a bit of reading, I came to the conclusion that Gigaherz and EFP are plugins that read from the DVD drive, which I'm not using, since I'm trying to run off ISO's. So I went back to try Linuz again, continuing to have the same problem. The file I'm trying to run is a .IMG file. I used a program to convert it to an ISO file, but when I did, I got an error saying "This is not a PS2 game" and the program crashed immediately after. Currently, I'm still stumped, so any help would be more than welcome.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Ok, Linuz cdvd is the plugin you want (Yes, it's for windows :p ).
In its configuration you just select the .iso you made from you game disc.

Then you just hit run cd/dvd.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
So, I just downloaded the emulator, and after reading all these tutorials, I feel I finally got everything set up correctly.

I got the ROM set up that I wanted to play, set up the cdvdrom and the file path. I did File=>Run... the PS2 load screen comes up, and when it completes, the screen goes black and nothing else happens. On the Ps2 Output screen, after about 15-20 seconds, I get the following string, repeating over and over again:

<<<<<<HUNG timeout=0:2:0>>>>>>
PGIF=0010002c STAT=14802000 code=-1(ffffffff)
d1_chcr=70000045 vif1_stat=00000040 gif_stat=00000000
stack_check=76543210|76543210

I'm cdvdrom setup I was using was Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0. But after a while i kinda smacked myself, realizing that it's probably for linux only (If I'm wrong, please feel free to tell me). However, the only other ones I can use are CDVDnull (which of course doesn't do anything), P.E.Op.S (which crashes the emulator before I even get to the PS2 intro screen), and Gigaherz's CDVD plugin 0.7.0. Gigaherz's, as far as I can tell, doesn't give me an option to actually choose my ISO file to load, so all I get, when I use it, is a load up into the PS2 bios... And since there's no file/run command available once I get into the bios, I'm really really lost.

So, can anybody tell me how to actually get this thing running? I realize this was kinda long, and I apologize for that, but I could really use some help!!

Edit: So after doing a bit of reading, I came to the conclusion that Gigaherz and EFP are plugins that read from the DVD drive, which I'm not using, since I'm trying to run off ISO's. So I went back to try Linuz again, continuing to have the same problem. The file I'm trying to run is a .IMG file. I used a program to convert it to an ISO file, but when I did, I got an error saying "This is not a PS2 game" and the program crashed immediately after. Currently, I'm still stumped, so any help would be more than welcome.
Little tip, use your own Disks to create the ISO file, rather then half baked CloneCD image you downloaded from the internet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Little tip, use your own Disks to create the ISO file, rather then half baked CloneCD image you downloaded from the internet.
And if I don't have a disc to run it from?

Edit: After I read your response, I pulled out FFX, used MagicISO to create an ISO file to try out. I configured Linuz 0.8.0 to pull that file when it loaded, but whenever I go File=>Run, only the Bios boots up. So at this point, I haven't a clue what's going on, or how to work this thing. This is what it says in the output window when I try to run it:

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = AuthenticAMD
FamilyID = 3
x86Family = AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
CPU speed = 2.815 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
x86EFlags = ebd3fbff

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Not Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1

Extended AMD Features:
Detected MMX2
Detected 3DNOW
Detected 3DNOW2

Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
Resetting...
Ready
Bios Version 1.60

rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
read error 0
read error 0
read error 0
detected blocksize = 2352
isoOpen: C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\Emulators\Pcsx2\Images\FFX.iso ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 0
blocksize = 2352
blocks = 271098
type = 3
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0
Boot Error > SYSTEM.CNF not found
Running the PS2 BIOS...
# Initialize memory (rev:3.63, ctm:393Mhz, cpuclk:295Mhz detected)
# Total accessable memory size: 32 MB (B:2:8:0) (363:2:7c30)
# TLB spad=0 kernel=1:12 default=13:30 extended=31:38
# Initialize Start.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize User Memory ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Initialize Done.

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb 7 2002 16:41:20
CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2002-0207, 32M

# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yeah, something is wrong with your iso.
It tries to load it, but can't even find SYSTEM.CNF.

I recommend you just use your original DVD with cdvd gigaherz for example.
(Although I more and more get the impression you're working with pirated stuff.. )

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Do NOT use File... Run.

Use Run CD/DVD.

And config the ISO plugin correctly so it would work.
Ok first off, there is no "File... Run." I said "run" because I didn't feel like typing out "Run CD/DVD" over and over again. You're probably thinking of Run=>Execute, which is supposed to bring up the bios only. I'm using File=>Run CD/DVD (just for the sake of clarification, I hope I don't have to say that again).

And yeah, thanks for that little tidbit. I don't wanna be rude, but you obviously didn't read my actual posts.

Yeah, something is wrong with your iso.
It tries to load it, but can't even find SYSTEM.CNF.

I recommend you just use your original DVD with cdvd gigaherz for example.
(Although I more and more get the impression you're working with pirated stuff.. )
The FFX ISO is one that I created directly from my own FFX game disc and the MagicISO program. I downloaded the other game i originally tried from somewhere online because I can't find my copy of the game.

But as far as running straight from the disc with Gigaherz, it doesn't work. I get past the intro screen, then get stuck on black screen, just like I did with Linuz.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Ok, then get the disc working in pcsx2 first. You can do an iso of it later, once you ruled out any other incompatibility (with that magiciso for example).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, then get the disc working in pcsx2 first. You can do an iso of it later, once you ruled out any other incompatibility (with that magiciso for example).
That would be a lovely, lovely idea... if I actually knew how to do that. Perhaps you can give me a few pointers?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
PCSX2.net - Guide

This isn't voodoo magic btw. If you still can't get it working, redownload the emu package and put it in a nice dir like D:\pcsx2.
Then try setting it up again..
i wasn't looking for a magic fix, just suggestions and information from people who are more familiar with the program. I appreciate the suggestion, and I will try it after I get some sleep.

As far as the guide goes, I've read over it time and time again. I've done everything listed on there, even though some of it required going out of my way to download plugins that weren't included in the original package. (for some reason, mine didn't come with an EFP... and it took a while to realize that Linuz is the plugin that's referred to again and again as Linuzappz)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
FFX works at 25fps (lots of frameskipping) on this Sempron LE 1250 (2.2ghz) single core, ripped using Alcohol and mounted to virtual drive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
After waking up this morning, I tried removing and reinstalling the emulator. I'm having the exact same problems I did pre-install.

Is there not a person here who can figure out why my emu would be black-screening on me?

FFX works at 25fps (lots of frameskipping) on this Sempron LE 1250 (2.2ghz) single core, ripped using Alcohol and mounted to virtual drive.
Thanks for the tip. Though it doesn't do me much good if I can't even get the game to go past the bios=>black screen.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
No, but in the cases where the Linuz plugin fails, you can use a virtual drive with Giga's CDVD Plugin.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
No, but in the cases where the Linuz plugin fails, you can use a virtual drive with Giga's CDVD Plugin.
What's the preferred virtual drive program to use?

Edit: For the record, I'm going to try out mounting the ISO on a virtual drive and load it into the emu that way... but I don't have high hopes that it will work. I mean afterall, gigaherz black-screened on me when trying to read the actual disc in my dvdrom. I really wish somebody could tell me why the program is doing that.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the older DaemonTools (before they started chargning money)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the preferred virtual drive program to use?

Edit: For the record, I'm going to try out mounting the ISO on a virtual drive and load it into the emu that way... but I don't have high hopes that it will work. I mean afterall, gigaherz black-screened on me when trying to read the actual disc in my dvdrom. I really wish somebody could tell me why the program is doing that.
So, I downloaded Daemon Tools, mounted the FFX file onto the virtual drive, and reconfigured gigaherz to run from the J drive. Here's a snapshot of what happened, and a snapshot of DT to prove that the file is mounted in the drive:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I guess the conclusion is I'm singularly unlucky, and I have the only PC in the known universe that black screens this program. Oh well, I guess I won't be using it.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
If you haven't already tried so,
turn ON the Nloop Hack and enable the NATIVE option in GSdx.
Disable the speed hacks and make sure that the advanced options are at defaults.
Disable the game fixes as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts