Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
strangely enough i get a black screen after the showing the twisted metal small brawl title.
Can some one help?
my specs:
pentium 4 cpu 3.40GHz
1GB of RAM
radeon 9700 128MB

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's quite an unknown game...
Things to try in order of likelyness:
Using a different emulator like psxeven, ssspsx, epsxe 1.5.2 or pcsx.
Using a different video plugin : pete's opengl, pete's opengl2, peops, some other non-pete plugin
Using a different sound plugin : eternal or peops
Using a different CD plugin : peops, xeven, sapu's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
simple black screen without anything o and also i have tried 5 minutes ago other video plugins like petes open gl and a couple of other petes plugins but the problem is the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fireblaster_lyz said:
Using the 'nice' preset.
If the problem persist, try using an image of the CD to better overcome this problem.
i am already using an iso image of the game but the nice preset actualy made the brightness beter but still the black screen is left.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hushypushy said:
are your video drivers all updated and that good stuff? what did you make the ISO with?
Yes the are updated and i used the magic iso also i gave the game to my friend and he says that he got the same problem.
could it be because of the iso?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
yeah possibly, try a different program like Alcohol120%, ISObuster, or ISO Producer. make sure the CD is clean and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hushypushy said:
yeah possibly, try a different program like Alcohol120%, ISObuster, or ISO Producer. make sure the CD is clean and all that good stuff.
actualy i got the game by bit torrent although it was in mdf and mds format so i converted it into iso.will it make a difference if it was made by alcohol or iso producer?

·
Registered
654 Posts
There's your problem. First, piracy is not supported here. Second, pirated copies of PSX games frequently have corrupted data, leading to problems running them.

So the best solution is: Buy a used copy of the game, run it on your PS1 or PS2 to make sure it's okay, then try it on an emulator.

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
heh, i had a feeling from the beginning of the thread. if you're confused, read [rules]the rules[/rules]. for what we know, your downloaded version could be the cause of the problems ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.