Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a really weird problem.

But first, here are the plugins I'm using:
Video: Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41

Anyway, I'll load up the game, play for a while, and aside from a few very minor issues, everything is perfectly fine.

But every now and then, the screen will go completely black. I mean my entire screen. And I'm running ePSXe in windowed mode. All I can see is the hourglass cursor. And I know the game is running in the background, because I have a tendency to die and hear it happening.

I have to ctrl-alt-del, which gets task manager up and the rest of my screen back to normal, but the ePSXe window continues showing black nothingness. I have to get ePSXe into focus again, then press Esc to go to the menu screen and then choose to continue back into the game for things to get better.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
update your video drivers.
disable frameskipping
try a different plugin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My video drivers are as up to date as is available.

I'm really not sure how this could be happening, honestly. I mean, it's a windowed application, causing a fullscreen weird-out like that?

Also, I have frameskip off, and it occurs with his OpenGL plugin as well.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
What about with the P.E.Op.S. "soft" GPU graphics plugin?

Also, hardware specs (specifically your graphics card) and the game that you are experiencing these issues with could be helpful.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what O/S are you running on?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Sounds like TDR.

are you running Vista OP?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm currently playing Symphony of the Night, and my computer's running a P4, 4 gigs of RAM, and a junky Intel integrated graphics card.

Oh, and Windows XP Pro. And I'm not sure what "TDR" is.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
skipping the technical crap, its basically a rather sadistic type of error message involving your display driver. your problem with the screen going blank after awhile bears some similarities to what a TDR error does, but ive only seen it happen in vista so i doubt that is behind your problem if you are running on XP.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
nvidia and ati drivers have been capable of restarting the graphics driver on XP for minor issues for some time, though the majority of the time it just ends in bsod.

I've never heard of intel doing this... the only thing intel chips usually have going for them, are they they are relatively stable.

try using the D3D6 plugin instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.