Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply stated, i have a black screen error.

Right now, i have plenty of ram, an Nvidia 9800 GT <1 gig edition>, plenty of CPU power, and too much free time.

RIght now, my ePSXe is running the Pete's PSX OpenGL2 plugin. here are my stats.
I want to play the Final Fantasy game's i've purchased a while ago, and currently have IX FF i want to play <i'm in the usa, and it's NTFS or whatever it is> also, i want to play tactics. From what i can tell, the ISO's are perfect, i have all of them, but nothing's showing except for a black screen.

Help? Please send reply either on here or on email please. thank you.

[email protected]
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1680x1050 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 3
- Keep psx aspect ratio:
- No render-to-texture: Ã1º

- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 512 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000002]

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
inst'

I'd followed the instructions stated in the tutorial on how to install, and read the FAQ, but no obvious fix was shown. I took it to a weaker compy at school and ran it under a different plugin <vid> and still a black screen. The Discs DO work on an original PS. I have enabled logs and no error code shows up, except that i do not have memory cards, and i'll read up about that later.

Which is a good CDR plugin i should use? right now, i'm using the standard core package. I prbly will only be using ISOS, and the ISOs have been created correctly.

tnx again.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do the discs work with epsxe?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i mean do the games work properly when being played directly from the disc instead of an image? you said the discs work fine on a real psx but do they work on epsxe too?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that....is....gay.......

I had my cdr plugin <standard system thing that came with ePSXe> configured wrong, sorry folks. /mach4headdesk

I will now check if ISOs will work now.....

ISO's no worky. spent about 4 min waiting for it to pull up. The CDs work, but the ISO's dont....but when i open the isos' it shows exactly the same as what's in the cd's. I don't think it's the isos, unless you have another idea?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what format did you make them in and how do you load them, through a virtual drive or from the runISO option in the GUI? unless you have already done so, you might want to try re-making the images but this time follow the steps outlined in the link below, if the discs work fine then it is possible there is something wrong with the images you made.

http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-psx-discussion/34515-how-make-perfect-backup-psx-games.html

edit- another thing you can try to do if you want to know if your images are working correctly is to test them out on another emulator, i suggest doing this with psx since it will remove the plugins or how you have them configurecd as being a factor in the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
my games are a tiny bit choppy, at least the menu is on FF9. Is ok on FFT i'm checking to see if it's only the menu on FF9 thats choppy now...

nope, all movies are incredibly choppy to the point of making me cry. But everyting else is fine.

Ideas? tnx in advanced!

I will follow the guide and remake teh isos. I used Alex Feinman's ISO recorder version 3.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
are you using the same config you posted earlier? what is the render mode set to?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've tweaked it a bit. I had to jsut restart to get clone cd to work, but here's my config list, if anyone can help me with the movie thing while i remake the isos, that would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks again.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1680x1050 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 3
- Keep psx aspect ratio:
- No render-to-texture: Ê8

- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 512 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 100.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.