Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo,

At long last I set up PCSX2 and tried running an actual game with it. In this case it was Super Robot Wars Alpha 2. Imagine my shock when the Banpresto logo actually appeared (20-30 FPS using GSdx SSE, although the colors are a bit screwed up since my GeForce4 doesn't support pixel shading beyond 1.3). However, then there's just a black screen. The framecount keeps ticking up, while the framerate is running at a steady 60 FPS.

So, does this mean that...

a) I configured something wrong,
b) There's a video or something that PCSX2 .81 can't handle, or
c) It's just not compatible yet?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a n00bish question. I know the program's incomplete; I'm just not sure if that's what the problem is here.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hit Start at Banpresto screen(worked for Alpha 3) or make a skip video patch. But in Alpha 3 the battle map doesn't load and an event trips it (Can't proceed.) But if you check my screenshots in the sticky, that the 2D w/ 3D effects and sound is playable in it but the game itself is inplayable. I'm guessing by how the games are set up that Alpha 2 uses the same engine as 3. But...I just noticed this goes against something...read the config guide... :hdbash:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
:hdbash: :hdbash: :hdbash:

Well, hitting Start did the trick there. After a few seconds I made it to the title screen and could start a new game (the characters all look like Campbellians because of the weird colors), but couldn't get much further than that. I got to the first battle map, at which point it slowed down to a mere 2 FPS. Sounds like I'll be stuck here for a while...

After two hours of playing (...) I may be about halfway through the first mission. Combat actually plays relatively quickly... it's that 3D map that's the killer. Here's hoping the next release provides some better speeds with 3D rendering...

And Kusuha looks really weird with blue skin and orange hair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.