Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ePSXe 1.9.0 works fine on Windows 10 at first. But when I hit escape to pause the emulation, then hit run > continue, all I get is a blank screen. I can still hear the game. This never happened on Windows 7. It's using the "P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver1.18" for the video plugin. I would just use ePSXe 2.0.5 or Duckstation instead, but there are a few games that are buggy on them.

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
The bug I noticed on Duckstation was that there's no music when playing Darkstone.
Then you most likely have a bad copy, missing cue file or bad cue file.
This will cause music not to play in many games that use multiple tracks for music.
ePSXe get's around this by hacking in a fake cue file but this does not work well with every game as it's not accurate.
Duckstation uses no such hacks to fix broken games, I tested Darkstone and music plays fine on my end.
You can check the game hash to see if it's a correct copy, you can do it like so in Duckstation for example.
Under game list settings add the folder where you have your game, if a game doesn't appear on the list it's a bad copy or in wrong format, if it did appear ass shown in the video, if you got all green checkmarks game is good if red X it's a bad copy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then you most likely have a bad copy, missing cue file or bad cue file.
This will cause music not to play in many games that use multiple tracks for music.
ePSXe get's around this by hacking in a fake cue file but this does not work well with every game as it's not accurate.
Duckstation uses no such hacks to fix broken games, I tested Darkstone and music plays fine on my end.
You can check the game hash to see if it's a correct copy, you can do it like so in Duckstation for example.
Under game list settings add the folder where you have your game, if a game doesn't appear on the list it's a bad copy or in wrong format, if it did appear ass shown in the video, if you got all green checkmarks game is good if red X it's a bad copy.
I just checked the hash for Darkstone in Duckstation, and it gave me the red X. I will look for a good copy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts