Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I burned myself a copy of Einhander the other day and when you blow up an enemy the explosion has crappy looking black outlines around it. Like this. ????

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
It's advanced blending and filtering don't go along together. you can disable one of them to fix it. I recomend filtering...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I don't have einhander so I can't comment for that game, but usually if you're getting black outlines around something you need to turn on extended filtering, not just standard.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Alpha multipass, hmmm... that's new, i'll try here on my 3dfx and see, but I still think it's a problem with filtering being enabled...

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Nope, it's not that (at least here). I think that when certain transparencies get filtered they receive black borders if your card can't do the Hardware Advanced Lighting and you have to run it in software. Here's a pic of Vagrant Story with Advanced Blending in soft and Extended Filtering w/o sprites on. BTW, what's that "A" thing on the corner of the "Del" menu in pete's d3d plugin?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fou-Lu was right, it's the combo of the filtering and the advanced blending.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The "A" thing in the menu means that your pad is currently set on Analog,use F5 to change it back to Digital,and F5 again to use Analog again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts