Next Generation Emulation banner

Black Font and Dark Blue Background don't mix

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Prafull 
#1 ·
Here's some constructive criticism.

It is really hard to make out the black fonts against the dark blue background.

If it is possible I think the colour of the fonts should be brighter so that it is more readable.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

#2 · (Edited)
Which "black fonts" do you mean exactly? Cause both NGEmu and the boards have a white font... the only pages which still has a black font are the redirect pages of the boards (for example, after you login, or when you've posted a thread). We're looking into that, but I guess it's a minor issue.

#5 ·
Hrmm, I just installed NS 4.78 (the last NS which is still somewhat decent imho), and I didn't notice a lot of black text, in fact I only noticed it once and when I refreshed it was gone :confused: In general, the boards sometimes loaded a bit buggy, just not what I'm used to with IE5.0 ..

.. do many of you still use NS though?

#6 ·
Originally posted by Thorgal
do many of you still use NS though?
Well Thorgal, I sometimes use NS 4.7 to visit some sites but basically I use I.E. for most sites(including NGEMU).

I tried NGEMU under NS 4.7 and faced no particular black text or for that matter any other problem.

BTW I am writing this using I.E. and its 7pm here in India and right now I feel that our NGEMU site looks even better in tubelight.:D

#8 ·
Along the same lines of the dark fonts / dark BG, the "forum with unread posts" checkmark is sort of hard to distinguish (for me, at least). The blue of the check blends pretty well with the surrounding button, so it makes it difficult to tell if there are new posts or not. Of course, I might be the only one that noticed this. Gods know my eyes are in terrible shape ;)

Still, not a 'problem' by far, just...a suggestion, I suppose.

#10 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I'll look into it.. I know there's a lot of little thingies I need to retouch, such as a couple of smilies, buttons/icons etc. .. I did the forum design the day before launch though, and I felt more important stuff had to be done first ;) I got some spare time this week though, so I hope to fix most "bugs" at the boards and NGEmu itself.

And Pete: I'm not sure what you mean with "gold colored texts".. could you rephrase/explain that? thanks :)

Oh, and the "forum with unread posts" checkmark looks fine here I guess, but I'll fiddle a bit to see how I can make it clearer..

#18 ·
Well just a minor problem,this time around in I.E. When you search for new posts or something then at"your search in progress....." page "click here if you dont.........."is not visible at all(black is bad).Is it my browser or its coloured like that only?
Btw all other fonts are proper.

#20 ·
IE is always taking resources, since it loads on startup.

People prefer it because of it's loading times, which is due to the statement above.

Mozilla has a quick launch option, which will start the browser with windows, in order to acheive a similiar effect.

Also, Mozilla's memory footprint goes down with each release, pretty much.

And really, I'm ok with using a few more MB of resources so I can use a slick browser that owns IE ;)

#21 ·
Originally posted by prafull
Well just a minor problem,this time around in I.E. When you search for new posts or something then at"your search in progress....." page "click here if you dont.........."is not visible at all(black is bad).Is it my browser or its coloured like that only?
Btw all other fonts are proper.
Finally that problem is solved today along with the upgrade of the site.And yes yellow looks good there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.