Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, i'm having a few problems with my geforce. black boxes appear in the background whenever a dialog box appears (or even the 'here' icon). the boxes disappear when i open up the mini-control panel ('delete' key). i noticed this problem too with gt2. i have played around with practically all of the settings except the special game fixes. any ideas?

btw, i've got an athlon 900 with 128mb ram and geforce2 mx400, detonator 21.81. my current settings:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.53
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 MX/AGP/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - Desktop changing [16 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 4 - edge clamping supported
- Caching: 2 - 99 textures usable

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2 - not used yet
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on (hardware)
- Subtractive blending: activated

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: on
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000200]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Turn off anti-aliasing, that may fix it, upgrade to the 21.83, or downgrade to any other version. The 21.81s have issues with Pete's plug-ins I've noticed, when anti-aliasing is enabled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks.

i discovered just a while ago that the problem is caused by page flip buffer flipping mode. when i switched to auto, the boxes disappeared, but anti-aliasing doesn't work anymore.

i'll try updating detonator first.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
if you mean buffer flipping mode in the nVidia control panel for openGL, Pete recommends block transfer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm confused: I'm using 21.85(pretty sure of it just checked it earlier) and I get the same problem when fsaa is on does this mean that I'll have to downgrade to 21.83? Isn't 21.85 *supposed* to be better?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I haven't had the fsaa problem cropping up with the 21.85 drivers. But just because a version number is higher doesn't mean it is better. After all, they're unofficial, while the 21.83 are official.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts