Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somethin wierd just happened there. I couldn't get logged in 'cos the board kept saying that my ip was banned:eek:. Then the damn modem crashed and I reconnected and now its letting me in:confused: Did I do something wrong?

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
for me i prefer using cookies to avoid any hassle in logging in manually and encountering those kinds of minor, but irritating glitches. :)

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Yeap, I use cookies too. I know sometimes it's not safe to keep cookies on all the time, but I am too lazy to type login and password everytime I want to enter the forum.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its just happened again:confused:. This time I disconnected on purpose and reconnected and it let me in. Oh and BTW I do use cookies. I know that my isp sets the ip address dynamically. Maybe someone else who was banned used this isp too? Could Bobbi or another mod throw any light into this? Cheers.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
that happened to me once too :) my ISP also sets the ip dinamycly, co i guess the random ip it set was banned, cause i desconnected and reconnected and never got that problem again...

S

·
0 Posts
Betamax, I think you're porblem may have something to do with the "cookies" feature and how your system uses them. I say this because I'm using IE 6 ( yeah yeah I know, it isn't that great, really, it isn't) and I had a problem w/editing my posts. Every time I'd try, it would tell me I wasn't registered. Lukily, Badero and EfrainMan knew what to do. EfrainMan saw my problem and helped me. Now I can edit my own posts again. So, I would suggest that you, Betamax, contact Badero or EfrainMan and ask them if they might be able to help. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
hmm, i actually LIKE ie6, because it lets you choose from which site to accept cookies.
if you use adaware or something, you can see sometimes sites use cookies to track your moves in their sites.
also because so many sites use cookies, even "friendly" ones, overtime you will get so many of them it becomes a big mess in that folder.

anyways back to betamax's problem. yes it would make sense if someone using your ISP got some IPs banned, but I never knew this site bans IPs... ?
well if so, it's not hard to get the problem twice in a day. if your ISP is running out of IPs, you'll keep getting the same one when you reconnect.
i'm just guessing :)

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
OFF TOPIC:

I dont really have any problems with IE6 xcept when i push the back button when I'm in the boards, everything at the previous page looks like crap.:( I don't really mind, but it just gets annoying sumtimes):mad:

Look... (im not joking).

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by takwu

anyways back to betamax's problem. yes it would make sense if someone using your ISP got some IPs banned, but I never knew this site bans IPs... ?
well if so, it's not hard to get the problem twice in a day. if your ISP is running out of IPs, you'll keep getting the same one when you reconnect.
i'm just guessing :)
ive just checked recently (having just banned someone) and i found the banned ip list to be pretty large. there are roughly a dozen or more partial ips listed on there. if you are unfortunate enough to be on the same ISP as someone who was banned and have a dynamic ip, its possible that you would be blocked out of the boards also. unfotunately, i dont have the time to cross reference all the partial ips with the members on the banned list so i wont be able to make them more specific (some on the list only have the first 2 parts of the ip) but then again if someone does that we may run the risk of the banned person getting back in..

to make a long story short, im sorry this happens but you guys will just hafta go with it..

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fair enough. I wouldn't want 8bit or fan back. As long as I know that I'm not the cause it's ok. The irony is that I only just got this isp (having just moved back to belfast for to start uni next week- normally I just use my Dad's companies LAN) and this happened more or less on my first connection with it. Anyways thanks for checking it out for me.

I'm innocent I tell ye!:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts