Bram Cohen has just released the latest version of the official Bittorrent client. The main changes are:
- 2005-03-07: 4.0.0 is now available.
Changes since the last stable release:
- All new queue-based user interface
- Many options are now modifiable from the interface
- Lots of other interface improvements
- Extra stats are visible, for those who like it
- Remembers what it was doing across restarts
- New .torrent maker "btmaketorrentgui" replaces "btcompletedir"
- Better performance, as always
- License has changed to the BitTorrent Open Source License
- Torrent fields are correctly created and interpreted as utf8
- Too many little things to list
- Single port: launchmany can seed and client can download many files from a single port and thread
- Interface now uses GTK instead of wxWidgets
- BitTorrent packets are marked as bulk data to make traffic shaping easier