Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for all you bittorrent lovers out there, new version of this great (if not the best) bittorrent client, it is wierd that the main page doesnt say what is new in this release, but it is available for download from the Download page

anyway, just enjoy :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Does it have a gui yet? I like to keep all my BT downloads in one window (ABC)

edit: no it doesn't. Back to ABC test version for me.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Thanx for checking Kane, to keep things simple especially for my brother I'll stay with ABC as well :)

S

·
0 Posts
thx for the info :)
...I like azureus but java is too resource-heavy sometimes...

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
I like to use Shareaza for my bittorrent downloads as it connects to the eDonkey network at well.

bittornado is an excellent piece of kit though and well worth keeping as a standby.

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, the author stated a ime before that the 0.4.0 version (containing the new GUI) wont be released until a new version of the original bittorrent client is updated

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Well... personally I like the no-gui feature of bittornado. It keeps things clean and simple :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Azureus works perfect for me, fast & stable :) , and I like this auto updater funktion, it check version and update it, not only the main program, but also all the plugins I have installed, it keeps me up-to-date ;)

Yours,

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what i dont like on azureus is the fact that at least for me it isnt as fast to load, also uses too much resources, and the worst of all is when i get things like: "36mb downloaded (9.8mb discarted)" i mean thats just too much :(

i prefer bitcomet over the other bittorrent clients myself, simple very low resources used and better connecting to other users

·
Registered
833 Posts
Won't matter since all bittorrents sites are being taken off. :( . Such sad day.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Indeed. Some are saying BT is dying slowly ... Just like P2P did. :(

·
Registered
833 Posts
Its dying quickly today. First the big torrent site and then all the little ones. Every single popular torrent sight is being shutdown today. Makes me sick in the stomach. This is gonna be really sucky Christmas.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Only a matter of time before we can all share again ;) It will just be through a different means. I'm guessing newsgroups are the next big thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I personally prefer BitComet (tried them all) : low on resources, fast downloads (at least they seem faster to me when compared to BitTornado or Azeurus (sp?) ), simple & clean inteface...

About the torrent sites shutting down, there are still alot of them left (PirateBay for example, their replys to C&D letters are simply hilarious ! or torrentreactor, or newtorrents) and otherwise there are tons of IRC channels with torrents.

Usenet would be perfect if you wouldn't have to pay a monthly fee to get access to a good server (only things i can donwload thru my ISP are eBooks & maybe mp3's).

Anyway, there's still eDonkey if it comes to the worst...

·
Registered
833 Posts
They are also taking servers down from eDonkey too.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The Aviator said:
<--- waits for ell to shut this thread lolz :lol:
Why would any of the moderators shut this thread down. We aren't giving any sites.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts