Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from bitspirit. The file was 1.46gb, and as you can see i uploaded 100%...
Anyways, i dl 1.54gb to complete 100% dl.
This happens with all torrent clients or just bitspirit?
I know some data can be lost, but almost 100mb is a little too much, isnt?

PieceSize (KB); 512 KB; ;
Fininshed / Total (Pieces); 3082 / 3082 [Pending: 0] P; ;
Finished / Total (MB); 1540 / 1540 [Pending: 0 <0 has written>] MB; ;
Net Transfer: DL / UL (MB); 153 / 411 [DROPPED: 13] MB; ;
Start Time / Elapsed / Estimate; 2005-05-20 00:55:12 [09:17:28 / ]; ;
Avg. Download / Upload Speed; 4 / 9 (KB/s); ;
Available Peers / Completed Peers; 43 / 0 [Snatched: 0]; ;
Connected Peers / Completed Peers; 25 / 0 [Pending: 0] [Total Speed: 219 KB/s]; ;
Cached Pieces; 13 [4 (+0) MB]; ;
Disk Read Request (Cached / Disk Operation); 26073 [9935 / 16138]; ;
Status; Uploading...; ;
Local Uploader; XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX : 6881; ;
; ; ;
Total Downloaded / Total Uploaded; 1.54GB / 1.46GB; ;
Total Running / Seeding; 50:57:08 / 02:55:05; ;

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It's not really a problem. It just means that sometimes peers send you bad data, for whatever reason. This happens will all clients.

You may be able to decrease this problem if your client has an option to not connect to peers who constantly send bad data. I know abc and asureus have this option, but I don't know about bitspirit.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it doenst....
Azureus i didnt like, and abc i only tried with 56k....

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
*cough* Star Wars *cough* (sorry :D )

But if I am correct, there were probably alot of fake drones sent by the MPAA on that torrent....in general, anti-p2p drones mostly send the bad data.....you were just lucky enough to connect to alot of them :p

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yesterday i was watching the news that they are targeting the people by who are downloading the Star Wars new movie. The news report said they were getting their ips addresses. So before anyone considers downloading it, Don't!!! ( just to be on the safe side). Anyone where MPAA has no authority then download away.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasnt stars wars-this one ill pay and watch on the movies.
This was an EU band show, something ill never happen to find here in stores, so they´re not loosing my money coz fo the piracy....
BTW, is it illegal to dl video clips? Like those on MTV or any other sources?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Like it's been said don't be surprised if your client has downloaded alot more then what the file size is since there will always be bad/corrupt data that gets sent out.I use bittornado and have it set to ban clients that send bad data and it will redownload the parts that fail hash checks.And to the question about mtv videos,i say download away or just record them to vhs:).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts