Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
For the people using bitorrent, have yourealized any difference in performance lately?
Like slow download speeds or anything.
The thing is that I read that ISPs are starting to close ports, so this is causing a major slowdown in bittorrents.
Anyone knows what to do?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well if your ISP is closing ports than call them up and ask them to open them back up. I don't know why they would do this, as many legal things are done through BT. Like Linux distributions etc ... Businesses are also starting to use BT as a means of getting larger files transfered.

If the ISP is indeed closing ports than there's nothing much you can do other than call them up, ask if they are and if they can open them.

I haven't noticed any differences in speeds at all for me.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i havent noticed nething. apart from wut razor said, u cud also try using a different BT client and using a different port range

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Some tgrackers use weird ports - not the usual ones. I know many people that have been using ABC have been having really slow download speed for some reason. Maybe it's just coincidence. I use Bit Tornado, www.bittornado.com even if you don't wanna use them, on their forum they tell you how to set up your router and forward ports. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts