Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In certain games, the fullscreen is just fine, but in games like Symphony of the Night and Tekken 3, there are black gaps on the top and bottom of the screen. It's driving me insane.

I'm using ePSXe 1.60, I use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin (and I've tried various others to no avail). I use 640x480 resolution (upping and lowering it did nothing), I've used the even/odd hack and I've tried other such fixes with no such help. I've fiddled around with all sorts of options and nothing seems to fix it.

Am I going to have to live with this, or do any of you have any suggestions that could help me fix this?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
yeah, oddly that's just the way it is. nothing you can really do about it. that's how it is on the tv too, right? FF7 has this same "problem"

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
shoyku said:
I don't have it enabled in the first place, when I do use it, it shrinks down the image even further.
Disable it and choose a resolution that is the same as your desktop, that should do the trick, otherwise if epsxe's resolution is lower (i.e. desktop=800x600 and epsxe=640x480) the image will shrink because it covers 640x480 pixels of the total: 800x600, the same happens with media player if it's not in fullscreen (keep it open and select a higher resolution in your desktop, you'll see the window of the media player will shrink).

Those games were designed to look like that. In the snes era Street Fighter used that trick too and it was that way because the snes had to process less pixels and overall image.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Kazuya Mishima said:
Disable it and choose a resolution that is the same as your desktop, that should do the trick
nope, it doesnt, especially if your desktop res is 1280x1024 (then you get a slightly stretched image, one i've learned to live with...sigh sometimes i hate LCD)

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
I mostly use 800x600 so it works for me.

Strange, i use a crt 17 inches monitor and when i select 1280x1024 when i'm using Dscaler it doesn't stretch the image i have some black lines. I guess it's just down to the display brand/type you are using. I manually stretched the image in Dscaler so i can see it fullscreen.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well 1280x1024 is not a 4x3 resolution. so stretching any 4:3 image out to 1280x1024 (which is 5x4) will yield a distorted picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.