Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant seem to find the file on the ps2 dvd that pcsx2 needs too run.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
One question: do you plan on playing games? If so, don't. PCSX2 can't run game reliably or speedily enough to be called playable (partly due to the fact that computers aren't powerful enough).

Since I'm not sure what your intentions are, I'll hold off on locking this thread until you reply.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i wasnt really planning on "playing" the games.. just seeing what i could do with whats given, but i cant seem to find the files that will make the game load.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Alright then.. you don't load any files. You select a CDVD plugin within PCSX2, configure your drive, and when you click "Run CD" in the FILE menu, the plugin will takeover and run from there.

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
As a side note, if you NEED to manually boot a PS2 game (eg PCSX2 doesn't detect it as a PS2 game from RunCD). The execuatable (ELF) should look like the following:

AAAA_###.## [AAAA = SLES / SCES / SLPM / SLUS / PBPX etc] [###.## being a series of numbers]

eg SLES_501.53

1 - 5 of 5 Posts