Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Game of the year. I'm literally 2 minutes in and game of the year.

I am quite simply stunned at how gorgeous this game is, the art direction is already sublime, the textures, which aren't even at their highest are some of the best you'll ever see, the animations flawless and the voice work natural and wonderful.

Every inch is screenshot worthy. Little things like rain running down windows casts a soft shadow on the wall as it runs down, I've never been so impressed at tiny details like that.

Oh Bioshock, how I love you to death after 2 minutes of doing nothing.

My 560ti can run this very smoothly with just about everything maxed out, however as other websites have noticed, there is stuttering as the game steams more content. There are also new WHQL drivers that give a reported 41% boost for cards, which is good. I'll install those tomorrow and see if they help.

With the settings I have, I am more than satisfied, I'll need more VRAM to really push those textures, but the art direction being as strong as it is, it doesn't really matter if its at its peak or not, the game is immensely enjoyable to look at.

Intro

Arrival

Combat

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Whoot
So glad I got this free from AMD.
Although I'll play it on a GTX 660 ti. :evil:

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
Gonna definitely get it in April, right now I've too many games to clear and don't wanna start another. I hope the climate is as awesome as the first Bioshock :D

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Yes I agree, I was blown away as soon as I started playing. The atmosphere and effects are great and the gameplay is awesome. I can run this game, Resident Evil 6 and DmC full speed at max settings so I am glad performance wise it didn't turn out like Crysis and GTAIV.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I loved this game, I beat it last night. It's short though, I only had to put about 12 hours of play time into it. I've seen multiple perfect 10/10 scores though, and I can't give it that. The story is amazing, and that's the best part of the game and I think once the people who gave it a perfect score calm down a bit they'll notice some flaws.

For me, the combat started to get really tedious and repetitive somewhere around half way through the game. Almost every fight was identical. It just throws 20 soldiers and 2 or 3 of those George Washington mechs at you. I'm surprised they didn't put more effort into having more varied enemies and battles considering all the attention to detail they clearly put into the story, into Elizabeth, etc.

I still kept playing because I wanted to know what happened next. But yeah, game of the year so far... although I have some high hopes for Watch Dogs. From what I've seen of it so far, it looks like it might take the throne for 2013 GOTY.

I'm not sure about replay value of Bioshock Infinite. I haven't had the slightest urge to start the game over after winning, mostly because now I know the story and I don't want to go through all the tedious fighting again. The game that keeps me coming back over and over most often lately has been Hitman Absolution. The story is so-so, but I love the gameplay. I must have beaten it at least 10 or 12 times since it came out.

·
Administrator
15,453 Posts
Yes I agree, I was blown away as soon as I started playing. The atmosphere and effects are great and the gameplay is awesome. I can run this game, Resident Evil 6 and DmC full speed at max settings so I am glad performance wise it didn't turn out like Crysis and GTAIV.
well Bioshock Infinite is Unreal Engine 3 so why wouldn't you get good performance from it :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
It runs great on my machine too. My video card is getting old. Just a 9800GT, but I still got 50-60 FPS at all times at 1280x720 medium-high settings except I turned down the shadow quality a bit.

Just for the hell of it, I also checked it out on my old Pentium 4 @ 3.06 GHz with a GT220 and it was incredibly smooth on that too. More than 30 FPS at the same res at all times medium-low quality. The guys who did the GTA 4 port for the PC need to take notes from the Infinite team. :D

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
I wouldn't say GOTY, but its a good game. Make sure you find all the audio phones, they explain the storyline in much greater detail.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
I first wanted to get this game but I'm waiting for the trilogy pack. I'm wondering if there is some connection with the two previous games ?

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I first wanted to get this game but I'm waiting for the trilogy pack. I'm wondering if there is some connection with the two previous games ?
Very small. You don't need knowledge of the previous games (at all) to play this one. Having played the previous games will let you notice a few extra references (to the first game) and notice similar themes between the two games.

As for the actual story : the games take place in different time periods, involve different characters, and different places.
Playing the first Bioshock will probably let you enjoy Infinite a little bit more. I don't think playing Bioshock 2 will have any effect. (But you may as well play it before, too)

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The best game i have every play in my whole like period!!!! and the ending was damn ****ing epic!
At least play this game at some point of your life briliant game.hehe and you see rapture city in below shot... dont know what is it doing in columbia though....=.=
It's a good game, but IMO it's way overrated. I'd give it probably a 7/10. The story is generally really interesting, but I thought the ending was just kind of stupid. I had a blast playing for a while, but I thought somewhere around half-way through the combat was just getting annoyingly repetitive. The actual combat mechanics were about average, nothing really new or special except for Elizabeth helping you out by tossing you items... but I thought it made it a bit too easy... Definitely not bad combat though, and I kept playing to learn what happens next in the story.

I beat the game, but I haven't played again since I did. Not much replay value to me. Now that I know the story, all that's left is the average combat. Shoot 20 soldiers and a couple George Washington mechs in every fight. Not enough variety. I had fun overall though, and I'm glad I played it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts