Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bio's....

18K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Bgnome 
#1 ·
I need help getting oe so that i can play this damn emulator so i can play Final Fantasy 8, FFtactics, and other ps games i have. ye i own a ps, but i can't save (memory card slot broken, tying to get it fixed). Please someone tell m whre i can download a damn bio so i cn play my epsxe, please.

#2 ·
Do you need help reading the forum rules too? Here, let me help with that as the kind sir that I am. Why, you can even read along with me here! http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=405

General "No Tolerance" Rule

Any posts discussing illegal material will not be tolerated. Any member asking for / requesting BIOS images or backup images of material that is illegal to distribute, will be immediately banned from the boards. The issue is completely up to the discretion of any Administrator / Moderator of the boards and cannot be argued. This includes but is not limited to: asking for help in finding BIOS images, asking for BIOS images to be emailed, asking for links to sites that have BIOS images accessible, asking for links to backup images of media that one does not own.

Personally, I think the part in there of the most pertinent interest to you is around where it says "BIOS images" but oh, I could be wrong and I apologize most abjectly. Toodooloo daaahling!

#4 ·
#6 ·
Excuse me, but Bill Clinton passed a law, i'll get back to you on it, but it says that if you own the system then it is compleately legeal to take "copywrited" info off of the system you have and use it on yor computer. If the site has a problem with bio's thinking there illegal, then they can take it you with Mr. Clinton.

#8 ·
Not sound like an @$$, but this whole site is hypocritical. The emulators that we have all downloaded "were elligal" but like i mentioned, Bill Clinton passed a law saying if you own the system, you can legaly download anything about or pertaining to that system. So if i want to download a bio to play my epsxe, since i legaly own the system, i can download it from the web, and use it with my epsxe. I know that this isn't a nice reply, but not that many people know Bill Clinton passed that law. I'm assuming that the creators of this site didn't know this. Just FYI.

#9 · (Edited)
Originally posted by Atrimis
Not sound like an @$$, but this whole site is hypocritical. The emulators that we have all downloaded "were elligal" but like i mentioned, Bill Clinton passed a law saying if you own the system, you can legaly download anything about or pertaining to that system. So if i want to download a bio to play my epsxe, since i legaly own the system, i can download it from the web, and use it with my epsxe. I know that this isn't a nice reply, but not that many people know Bill Clinton passed that law. I'm assuming that the creators of this site didn't know this. Just FYI.
Emulators like epsxe aren't illegal.. Never were.. Pirated games are..

#11 · (Edited)
I'd be interested if you can post me a link to whatever information pertains to that newly-passed law.... or article, or whatever.

And even if he did, it only pertains to the US anyways. Since this board is very international, some of the laws don't apply in different places. That's why I think this forum opts for a zero-tolerance policy; better safe than sorry. And emulators are NEVER illegal... it's just that the ROMS and ISOS that you don't own that are illegal.

And... do as the other members suggested.... www.google.com .... 100% GUARANTEED you'll find it.

#13 ·
I've read it in like 10 places, but the only place i can think about seeing it is *********** you might be right about the emulators, i don't know. I just know then if the emu is legal, then the bio must be legal..would make sense, wouldn't it?

How do you make a quote? i've hit the button, but i don't get what to do.
First things first: to quote, just click on the quote button... then you'll be sent to the "post message" screen, except that it's pre-filled with the post that you just quoted.... just type something new underneath it.... simple as that.

Secondly, you might want to get rid of that link... it has tons of ROM images in there. Illegal material :p

Third: well, even if Uncle Bill did pass the law, think about it..... the BIOS file is only legal for those people who actuall own a PSX.... you're an owner of a PSX, sure it's legal to you.... but how about other members of the boards? Other people who read the boards? Do they own a PSX? Is it legal for them? By blatantly putting up a link to BIOS files on this site, don't you think it's still breaking the rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.