Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'M affraid this topic appears here often, but I haven't found anything that would have helped me.
I wanted to play RE 3 Nemesis on my computer so I install epsxe 1.60 with all plugins when I start the game all i get is a black screen and since my bios runs and to the compatbility list in this forum RE runs 100%. I don't know where the problem could be.
I'm useing SuSE Linux 9.1 on a P3 450, TNT 2 ultra and 128 MB cache (old but still works fine)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
DiJa said:
Hello I'M affraid this topic appears here often, but I haven't found anything that would have helped me.
I wanted to play RE 3 Nemesis on my computer so I install epsxe 1.60 with all plugins when I start the game all i get is a black screen and since my bios runs and to the compatbility list in this forum RE runs 100%. I don't know where the problem could be.
I'm useing SuSE Linux 9.1 on a P3 450, TNT 2 ultra and 128 MB cache (old but still works fine)
Linux?? you're playing ePSXe on linux... you have to compile plugins or sth? just as in windows copy all files to proper directories?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I've done anything right. since I can run the Bios with sound the sound and graphic plugin should be ok. So it has to be something else maybe Dvd drive or something is there a file where i can read whats going when the game is starting ?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
DiJa said:
I think I've done anything right. since I can run the Bios with sound the sound and graphic plugin should be ok. So it has to be something else maybe Dvd drive or something is there a file where i can read whats going when the game is starting ?
yeah could be dvd (did you configure your cd plugin right?) in windows we can eneble logs window, dunno if there's something like that in linux version

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
In my linux experience, cd reading can be a bit difficult. You should try imaging it and playing as an iso.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried it with the iso of the game it was the same problem. Any suggestions where or what the problem could be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've started epsxe in the console and thats it says:
[email protected]:~/epsxe160lin> ./epsxe
* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.6.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [/home/dirk/epsxe160lin/bios/SCPH1001.BIN].
* Init internal cdrom ... ok
CD read toc header failed (25)
* First/Last track: 7 2
* Track 1: CD get track start failed (25)
(AUDIO) - Start 0: (00,00,00)
* Track 2: CD get track start failed (25)
(AUDIO) - Start 1: (00,00,00)
CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (25)
CD(152,57,2) read ioctl failed (25)
CD(152,57,3) read ioctl failed (25)
* Force NTSC cdrom detected.
* Init gpu[0][libgpuPeteMesaGL.so.1.0.75]
NVIDIA Corporation
RIVA TNT2/AGP/SSE
* Open gpu[0]
* Init spu[0][libspuPeopsOSS.so.1.0.9]
* Open spu[0]
CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (25)
CD(0,2,0) read ioctl failed (25)

Can anybody tell me now what the problem is?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
It can't read the cd. It's trying to use an ioctl interface, and failing to do that. I'll try to test a little my linux ePSXe when i get home, but as of now, don't know how to deal with this :/ .

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
You'll probably have to recompile or find another CDVD plugin specifically for linux otherwise change the plugin options cause it obviously says. "CD read toc header failed (25)" which means it can't read the cd-rom. If you have a dual-boot system just run the game in windows. I'm sure it will run fine there.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
RE3 is copy protected
Use subchannel reading ir your drive supports it, or download a PPF for your version of the game
on a site (the only site I know is on the NGEmu blacklist)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Subchannel datas is a feature on the a disc that can be used to store fake datas
that are normally corrected by the drive. On PSX games, such datas are used
as copy protection thus preventing the game to load if the drive corrects those fakes errors. Drives that supports subchannel reading are able to detect those data as s.c
so they don't correct them, making the game like an original...
Anyways, if the ISO works it's fine :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts