Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how can i see if bios is working or not? im useing european 2.0 with DBZ budokai 3 with the "playable" version.... i tryed with some confs around the forum, but nothing appear, and sometimes it just crashes the emulator, can it be because of PCSX2 or because im noob at this? ^^

Thanks,

Edit:

some screens:
with iso:
1- Budokai 3 with recompiler
2 -Budokai 3 with interpreter
with cd:
emulator just goes down with error

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
you can test the bios by changing your cdvd plugin to cdvdnull and using Run->Execute to see if the bios loads. where did you find the game is playable? if it was the compatability list, youll find that is for 0.9 beta which isnt available to the public

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
Posted bye szy:
pcsx2 configuration:
graphics: GSdx9 0.5
controller: SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.6
cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD Driver 0.5
sound: SPU2null Driver 0.4
bios: USA v01.60

dbz budokai, dbz budokai 3, street fighter ex3, soul calibur2
Next time do some search.

To see if the bios works use CDVDnull plugin, or start the game with Execute option.
Next time read the config Guide: LINK
CDVDnull v0.6 is a Null plugin just like SPU2null,meaning it simply does nothing.You should use this plugin if you want to run demos(via File => Open ELF file) or if you want to run the bios only(via Run =>Execute).It doesn't have a configuration screen for obvious reasons

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i changed some configs and compressed the iso, and now i see "playstation 2" simbol, but then, console dont stops showing some cd reads, and i got the same i go in the first screen thats i posted! :\

Edit:

picture = the error that turns screen off

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
dannyhicks0102 said:
yes will the bios effect the speed of the game??? my games run really really slow and i have a top end pc?!?! plz hlp
Speed is not an issue of the BIOS, it's the fact that the emulator is still work in progress. What you are using is called WIP (work in progress). I suggest checking the rules on the way in next time and you'll notice they say not to complain about speed or games not working.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Speaking of BIO's. I am new to the PCSX2 scene as well - What kind of cable do I need to access my PS2 from my PC in order to dump the files onto my HD? Also, whats a good place to get the ps2 controller to usb converter for cheap(4 cheap bastards like me)?

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Pandab34R said:
Speaking of BIO's. I am new to the PCSX2 scene as well - What kind of cable do I need to access my PS2 from my PC in order to dump the files onto my HD? Also, whats a good place to get the ps2 controller to usb converter for cheap(4 cheap bastards like me)?
i think the BIOS dumping guides in the "useful threads" sticky tell you what you need to rip your bios, afaik it can be done with a memory stick or over network.

not sure where you can get the converter, i got mine from using kelkoo on google, was the Venom PS2 to USB converter, its pretty good and reasonably cheap too.

failing that http://www.lik-sang.com :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
refraction said:
i think the BIOS dumping guides in the "useful threads" sticky tell you what you need to rip your bios, afaik it can be done with a memory stick or over network.

not sure where you can get the converter, i got mine from using kelkoo on google, was the Venom PS2 to USB converter, its pretty good and reasonably cheap too.

failing that http://www.lik-sang.com :)
Ah, cool. I'll check out the network option since I seem to be more proficient at things of that sort. - I cant believe I let lik-sang slip by me... a Dreamcast fan should know better :spit:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pandab34R said:
FYI, BIOS=Basic Input-Output System. So it's BIOS's, not BIO's.

·
Banned
22 Posts
ahhh, thanks for clearing that up, I don't think anyone would have understood what he was talking about. I for one was like, (wtf)^3 is a BIO's, some sort of fruit or what? You ever think of making a seperate sticky post to define all the abstract terminology? :spit:

·
Registered
18 Posts
mr_coffee said:
ahhh, thanks for clearing that up, I don't think anyone would have understood what he was talking about. I for one was like, (wtf)^3 is a BIO's, some sort of fruit or what? You ever think of making a seperate sticky post to define all the abstract terminology? :spit:
I like your style :nod:

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Pandab34R said:
I like your style :nod:
and i dont like spam :p

mr_coffee: yeh its called wiki :p im pretty sure itll be in there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.