Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the version of bios effect the game in anyway? i guess what im saying is if im using like a european bios (scph7502) and im playing US games... could this be a problem? i notice a few games act very funny on my emu, memory doesnt work right in final fantasy anthology cd2, i cant play ffxi past the spot where you get on the airship after escaping the forest. (illegal op, right before the mdec starts) I find it kinda weird because the game plays very nice the rest of the time.

Running on p4 1.8ghz - 512rdram 1066mhz - asus geforce4 ti4600 128mb - p4t533-c/l MB- sound blaster audigy ex2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Of cource, the BIOS is what translated is get a US BIOS 1001, I have 1 of every BIOS equipted to my ESPXE for just that reason, make sure you know where the games your importing come from :innocent:

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
i've used SCPH1001 and 101 with all my games so far and no problems...granted i only have my own created US NTSC games and ISOs but still :rolleyes:

if you're having a problem, it's a possibilty. try using another BIOS, just for jollies.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Use epsxe 1.5.2, will probably fix the FFIX bug.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there a BIOS for japanese or are there just ones for USA and Europe ?

If there is one, can you give me it's "name" ? I'm not asking for the file, just for it's name.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
it's actually just NTSC and PAL, not totally region specific. it's also generation specific, i.e. there's the SCPH1000 (first one) SCPH1001 (most common, NTSC), SCPH101 (PSone) and SCPH102 (PAL PSone) just to name a few

1 - 7 of 7 Posts