Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long time emu user but new to nulldc. Anyway, while trying to verify my 1.0.3 setup by going into the bios setup screen I get really weird behavior that no one else seems to have mentioned:

- I choose normal boot, then select no disc
- the screen stays black for a couple seconds then comes up
- when it does come up, it doesn't show the bouncing ball drawing the DC logo; it just shows the DC logo already drawn
- when the bios screen comes up the gfx are really crappy and the sound is AWFUL

Computer is IBM Thinkpad:
Pentium M 2.26GHz
2GB ram
ATI FireGL V3200

nulldc setup is:
using nommu.exe, behavior is same using mmu.exe
plugins: powervr: nullpvr 1.0.0, gdrom: nullgdr 1.0.0, sound: nullaica 0.1.0
powervr:
fullscreen auto
aspect ratio borders
palette textures dynamic/full
sort triangle
mod volumes normal
z buffer D24FS8
show fps unchecked
gdrom:
nothing checked
aica:
sync audio checked
buffer size 1536
sync to audio checked
global focus checked

Anybody have any ideas? Is this a sign of a bad bios/flash file?

·
Time Lord
2,067 Posts
If youre using Vista the sound buffer should be set to 2048. Also mess with resolution and z buffer options to fix the graphics.
the bouncy ball logo will work when a game image is loaded

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the guys lack of knowledge on the bouncy ball logo means he never ever owned a real dreamcast right??
Ah, excuse me but I in fact DO have a DC, model MKT-3020 if I remember correctly. Had it since ~2000. And as I recall, the bouncy ball comes up whether there's a disc in the machine or not. The reason I don't have a game to try yet is because I'm waiting for my BBA to arrive to start dumping them. I question my bios's integrity because I used a downloaded one, but since I will have the BBA soon I'll just dump it from my DC to make sure I really have a good one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bouncy ball doesn't come when the lid is open iirc :p
Ah. I think I always turned it on with the lid closed. So nulldc interprets no disc as meaning the lid is open?

So, any ideas on the crappy sound in the bios screen? BTW since I have your ear, let me say thank you all your hard work on this emu. A major software project like this takes an insane amount of effort, and I for one appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.