Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering how did you create the HLE bios? Did you dissasmble a bios and study the asm code? I tried to disassmble my bios with IDA, but all I got was hex (yeah, I know it's harder than it sounds). I was playing around with ida pro and I got an asm file 60MB. I even converted it to an exe and it worked just fine. :evil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dermeister said:
Were you surprised? What did you think you would get? :rolleyes:
I expected a naked woman to jump out my screen and kiss me. :guitar:

Of course that's exactly what I expected! What else would I get with a standard dissasmbler?! I'm no moron. At least I got a response worth listening to. ...Friggin Noob trying to be funny :rolleyes:

Besides, actually I lied. IDA did decode a few strings.

why not try to translate the hex into numbers or something :p

seriously... it's fun!
60MB of raw hex, my fingers would fall off :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
Of course that's exactly what I expected! What else would I get with a standard dissasmbler?! I'm no moron. At least I got a response worth listening to. ...Friggin Noob trying to be funny :rolleyes:
Dunno, you did write this: "I tried to disassmble my bios, but all I got was hex"... Do you even know what you're doing?

blueshogun96 said:
"I was playing around with ida pro and I got an asm file 60MB. I even converted it to an exe and it worked just fine.
So you're saying you "converted" a MIPS executable to an x86 executable and it worked? Forgive me if I misinterpreted your ramblings, but you sound really confused...

And thanks for the "Friggin Noob trying to be funny" comment, it really makes you sound smart. As far as I can tell, you're the one asking questions like "I was wondering how did you create the HLE bios?", then answering yourself since the answer is so blatantly obvious, and then getting unbelievably defensive when I pointed out that what you wrote made you sound like you were surprised you got a bunch of raw binary from a PS2 bios dump... Let me guess, you think you're going to write your own HLE "bios" by studying 4 megs of raw assembly for a processor you know nothing about?

I won't call you a "n00b" though, since I'm not into the whole trisomic counterstrike-playing retard thing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dermeister said:
Dunno, you did write this: "I tried to disassmble my bios, but all I got was hex"... Do you even know what you're doing?



So you're saying you "converted" a MIPS executable to an x86 executable and it worked? Forgive me if I misinterpreted your ramblings, but you sound really confused...

And thanks for the "Friggin Noob trying to be funny" comment, it really makes you sound smart. As far as I can tell, you're the one asking questions like "I was wondering how did you create the HLE bios?", then answering yourself since the answer is so blatantly obvious, and then getting unbelievably defensive when I pointed out that what you wrote made you sound like you were surprised you got a bunch of raw binary from a PS2 bios dump... Let me guess, you think you're going to write your own HLE "bios" by studying 4 megs of raw assembly for a processor you know nothing about?

I won't call you a "n00b" though, since I'm not into the whole trisomic counterstrike-playing retard thing.
Sorry for upsetting you, I have quite a temper and a low tolerance which flares up when someone tries to make me look like an idiot :rant: . Yeah, that comment wasn't necissary. We get alot of noobs trying to be "somebody", and they don't want to be considered a noob. Having only 8 posts doesn't exactly make you a noob. Infact, you can have 600+ posts like me and still be a noob. by the way, I'm not really trying to write my own HLE bios for the emu now. I have to finish learning how to emulate other systems before i go do this (ie gameboy, NES and PSX). I was just curious what I would get besides hex. I can't write something I know nothing about like you just said. Once again, sorry for the noob insult. I can see your "Maturity level" is beyond that of a noob :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
Sorry for upsetting you, I have quite a temper and a low tolerance which flares up when someone tries to make me look like an idiot :rant: . Yeah, that comment wasn't necissary. We get alot of noobs trying to be "somebody", and they don't want to be considered a noob. Having only 8 posts doesn't exactly make you a noob. Infact, you can have 600+ posts like me and still be a noob. by the way, I'm not really trying to write my own HLE bios for the emu now. I have to finish learning how to emulate other systems before i go do this (ie gameboy, NES and PSX). I was just curious what I would get besides hex. I can't write something I know nothing about like you just said. Once again, sorry for the noob insult. I can see your "Maturity level" is beyond that of a noob :thumb:
Apology accepted. I recommend that you start with a gameboy emulator if you're planning on getting into emulation. You'll learn WAY more than from finding strings in a PS2 bios. The GB is extremely well documented (there's a PDF floating around detailing just about everything you could ever need to know).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dermeister said:
Apology accepted. I recommend that you start with a gameboy emulator if you're planning on getting into emulation. You'll learn WAY more than from finding strings in a PS2 bios. The GB is extremely well documented (there's a PDF floating around detailing just about everything you could ever need to know).
thnx for the info. I already have tons and tons of documentation on gameboy. I was going to write a simple gameboy emulator a while ago, but I never got much of a chance to finish it. I do realize that PS2 is far too complicated for me now, so I'm not going to attempt it now. And I also realize there is a steep learning curve to writing one. I feel that I have enough C/C++ knowlege to put it in motion now. Do you know where I can find this PDF you are talking about? I'd like to see it for myself. :thumb:
 

·
PCSX2 Coder
Joined
·
10,122 Posts
the best option you got for disassembling the bios is to download the ps2 disassembler which is mentioned in the thread bout making "Mpegisend" patches.

can be found in the stickys.

That should disassemble it in native ps2 code
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
refraction said:
the best option you got for disassembling the bios is to download the ps2 disassembler which is mentioned in the thread bout making "Mpegisend" patches.

can be found in the stickys.

That should disassemble it in native ps2 code
Thanks, never noticed :spit:
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Dude, you are in the wrong thread. But to answer your question, either you didnt set the BIOS Folder as such in the PCSX2-Configuration or you have a wrong/fake bios. But with searching you would have found this answer in many other threads.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top