Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to PCSX2, but from what i read it's not unusual to have a slow experience, but that the booting of the bios should be ok???

so I am wondering why i have such a slow experience with both the Direct 3d and software rendering???

i have a
3000+ 64 AMD
1GB DDR 400Mhz RAM
Winfast 128mb geforceFX 5200 (is this my achiles heel?) :eyemove:
Windows XP Pro SP1
Direct x 9c

Any ideas?

· Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
andytof47 said:
Hey new to PCSX2, but from what i read it's not unusual to have a slow experience, but that the booting of the bios should be ok???

so I am wondering why i have such a slow experience with both the Direct 3d and software rendering???

i have a
3000+ 64 AMD
1GB DDR 400Mhz RAM
Winfast 128mb geforceFX 5200 (is this my achiles heel?) :eyemove:
Windows XP Pro SP1
Direct x 9c

Any ideas?
Just a note: complaints about speed, etc... are against the rules. Anyways, just be sure to use CPU Recompiler or VU Recompiler mode and use a graphics plugin that supports hardware accelaration, which would be gsdx9. Check the configuration guide you can find in the stickies thread to help you.;) By the way, welcome to the forums.:)

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
make sure you are only using Pixel shader 1.1, the FX5200 is known for crawling along like a snail if you attempt anything higher (namely PS2.0) so lower that and it should be at least slightly faster

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your The Man -

refraction said:
make sure you are only using Pixel shader 1.1, the FX5200 is known for crawling along like a snail if you attempt anything higher (namely PS2.0) so lower that and it should be at least slightly faster
Changed to pixel shader 1.1 and bada bing bada boom

she's up to a fine workable speed - thanks heaps, it's not playing anything, but you must understand the sheer excitment just to see it wok at a decent speed, and the potential i can see for this
:emb: :emb: :emb:
keep up the good work guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.