Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-data-

In an interview with Electronic Gaming Monthly (April 2005 issue), Capcom Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi confirmed that Capcom will indeed be making a Biohazard 5.

"We are going to do a Biohazard 5 of course, but as for exactly what it will be like...that's what we're busy thinking about right now. The first four BH games - 1, 2, 3, and Code: Veronica - were more or less the story of Umbrella. BH4 takes place six years after those games, and Umbrella's been completely destroyed; this is the start of a new storyline, in other words. When you think of it that way, then it's safe to say that BH5 will naturally proceed from where BH4 left off. If you play through everything BH4 has to offer, I think you'll get a taste of how the progression will work. I'll leave the rest to your imagination."

Kobayashi made no mention of what platform BH5 could potentially be on, or when it could be released,

-data-

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Well right now it's completely irrelevant thinking on what system the game is going to be, maybe PS3 I don't like to speculate but it really doesn't matter which one it will be on. I'd like RE5 to be released on the most powerful/capable system available at that moment.

For all RE4 gamers that finished the Assignment Ada mini game, Wesker's plan is to restablish Umbrella once again, giving the hint of another RE. Ada, Leon, Chris and maybe Claire could come up as the characters but let's see...

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I'm guessing some exclusive deals with one of the consoles will be made with Capcom for the launch, so I am expecting to see it on one console and released on others with due time ... Sad, but most likely the way it's going to be.

So no umbrella this time eh? Or maybe a new umbrella corperation ... Hmmm get's you thinking :D

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum, this reminds me. Did those guys from the capcom team really left? If so i wonder how BH5 will end up ^^

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yeah... let's hope they won't make any nasty story :), from the othere side... just think or try to imagine how it's gonna look like on anothere generation of consoles... :drool:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I still haven’t played Biohazard 4, but I have watched others play it. As far as graphics go I have to say I was rather impressed with the character faces. I don’t think I’ve seen another game where the faces where so well done. Metal Gear Solid 3 comes close.

Also the animation is exceptionally good.

Some of the things I did not like about the visuals are the blurry and pixilated textures you can see in a number of the environments. (Especially on bump mapped surfaces)

The game also has lots of aliasing but it seems to be a bit random as some parts of the game look more jagged the others.

But you can see lots of detailed characters on screen at once. (That’s impressive. )

I was talking to a programmer the other day. And she says this is fairly close to the maximum of what the Game Cube is capable of (graphically)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I think u meant Biohazard 4 :p

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Maybe they will make an even faster paced Biohazzard since RE:Outbreak and RE4 is much faster than the previous games

Somehow I think there will also be a Biohazzard 6 and 7 later on with a ever more crappy story

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
If RE4 already was what it was i can't even begin to imagine what RE5 is gonna be oO

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
untill RE5 will come we all have to buy one of those nextgen toys :D till then I'm waiting for RE4 for PS2 (I wouldn't mind if they have released RE0 or RE remake for PS2 too :D ) ;)

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Yes KanedA, they should definately make ports of RE0 and RE2.0 on PS2. There was a time I couldn't play Code Veronica, and being the series' great fan it really pissed me off. I couldn't afford buying DC then. Now it's the same about GC, I have PS2, but if I bought another console my gf would throw me out along with it :D You know 'what do you need another console for, you alreadyu have one :)' quote I presume. Biohazard 5 should be released on the most powerful system which will be available, like Phoenix pointed out (probably PS3, but time will tell), but conversions on the other sysytems would be appreciated :)

No more Umbrella, Razor ;) I mean, how many more times can I fight them? Enough! :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hyuga said:
Biohazard 5 should be released on the most powerful system which will be available, like Phoenix pointed out (probably PS3, but time will tell), but conversions on the other sysytems would be appreciated :)
should be released on PC also :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hyuga said:
Yes KanedA, they should definately make ports of RE0 and RE2.0 on PS2. There was a time I couldn't play Code Veronica, and being the series' great fan it really pissed me off. I couldn't afford buying DC then. Now it's the same about GC, I have PS2, but if I bought another console my gf would throw me out along with it :D You know 'what do you need another console for, you alreadyu have one :)' quote I presume. Biohazard 5 should be released on the most powerful system which will be available, like Phoenix pointed out (probably PS3, but time will tell), but conversions on the other sysytems would be appreciated :)

No more Umbrella, Razor ;) I mean, how many more times can I fight them? Enough! :D
Confirmed for xb360 & ps3 as I said already, so go for one of those and you'll be alright.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Poor nintendo confirmed for ps3 and xbox 360. I hope this is not the way things are going to be for nintendo revolution. I heard someone that biohazard 5 is going to be in high definition to this date Nintendo has said that it would not support HD. I suppose that companies are not going to lower the graphics of their game and ported to nintendo revolution where usually sells are lower.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Hannibal said:
Poor nintendo confirmed for ps3 and xbox 360. I hope this is not the way things are going to be for nintendo revolution. I heard someone that biohazard 5 is going to be in high definition to this date Nintendo has said that it would not support HD. I suppose that companies are not going to lower the graphics of their game and ported to nintendo revolution where usually sells are lower.
well its hard for game makers to actually say they will make games for the revolution when no one really knows what the revolution will be and how powerful.

i dont think right now any third party companies have made annoncements for the rev.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Chrono Archangel said:
well its hard for game makers to actually say they will make games for the revolution when no one really knows what the revolution will be and how powerful.

i dont think right now any third party companies have made annoncements for the rev.
Exactly. There's about 100 PS3 dev kits out, and every dev that wants a x360 dev kits has one by now. The Rev hasn't even been finalized yet as far as we all know. Nobodies seen the controller - PS3 & X360 are going to be close in power, probably the closest the gaming world has seen since consoles have been around (only going to be a few months difference between teh technology). Think GC & Xbox but even closer - we've seen some amazing looking games on both, but its hard to say one couldnt do what the other does if the devs gave it a honest try.

So games between x360 & ps3 will probably be common place, with exclusives like Tekken and DoA spicing up the line up a bit. But the Rev...its anybodies guess how its really going to end up. I do doubt that devs are going to be willing to downplay thier game to a point where it doesn't look the same...what I think is going to be the main problem though is buttons. They ahvent finalized anything yet, and if the rev is BC with n64 games and GC games - you're going to need at least as many buttons as the GC has (c-stick or 4 cbuttons on 64). But if they make some wacko bizzro controller with some odd double buttons its going to kill a lot of multiplatform hopes.

Also if they do some funky disc size thing, dvd is the minimum you're going to need for most Hi-Def games, and I woudlnt be suprised tos ee some games appear on one blu-ray on PS3 and two DVD's on X360 in 3 years. If the rev doesnt have DVD standard format as its...well standard that will cause issues.

Personally I think and wish Nintendo would just go 3rd party, except retain their great games unlike Sega (Sega's gone downhill as this generation has gone on...started out well...ending crappily). Still release the Rev, but as a sort of instnat access to their back catalog of games, and heck even still release a few exclusives or makei t a machine that plays Nintendo games regardless of console - so you could buy a game and it would work in the Rev & x360. That woudl be pretty keen. I don't know...wishful thinking I guess. But it seems like it may possibly be nintendo's last gen coming up if what they're banking on doesnt pan out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts