Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(My apologies for my bad english. ^__^)
I still can't solve the problem. My PC specs is....
PIV 1.5 GHz , INTEL 850GB mainboard , 256 MB RD-ram , Winfast GE-Force2 MX400 32MB , SBLive!Value , 52X Sony CD-Rom , Windows XP Professional. When I use Pete's OGL GPU, the game is SSLLOOWW (nearly freeze) while it worked well on Pete's soft , D3D GPU. What in the world is happenning? :~(
Help me please :~( I'm really newby.

·
Registered
310 Posts
possible causes of slowdown:
old nvidia drivers
full vram primitives enabled(although you hav a good pc this might cause slight slow down)

can you give more info on your settings please like videocard driver version.

also from what I have heard WIN XP emulates OpenGL(correct me if I am wrong) so just stick to D3d or Soft plugin.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
not true..Pete's openGL plugin ran fine for me on XP. There has to be another problem causing his symptoms. nVidia drivers have there own openGL ICD, they don't use the Windows built in one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't install DetonatorXP. :~(

(My apologies for my bad english :) )
Thank you very much for answering my question. ^________________^
According to aoshi ^__^ I've disbled full vram primitives and it didn't help, so I think the problem is my driver.
I'm using Winfast GeForce2 MX SHpro. I've checked winfast website(leadtek) and found that there is currently no WinXP driver for this card. I've tried to install DetonatorXP driver V.21.83 on WinXP professional. Before I attemp to install, my driver is Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 and the driver detail is c:\windows\system32\driver\nv4.sys and c:\windows\system32\nv4.dll Provider : Nvidia Corporation File version : 5.01.2001.1240(ReleasedBinaries.010717-0141). But when I finished installing DetonatorXP and restarted my PC, device manager (my display card properties window) display in "Device usage" dialogbox that the device is now "disabled".
And then when I enable it, suddenly, WinXP say that it found new hard ware named "Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX400" and go on installing it without asking me a question. Then I check the driver version after WinXP finished installng (It said something like "Your hardware is now installed and ready to use") and found that it's a previous driver mentioned above. I've installed DetonatorXP but the result is just like I didn't do anything. How can I solve this? ;~( Help me please.....

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
are you sure you chose the XP driver and not the Win9X driver??? there are 3 different versions of the latest drivers one for 9x, one for 2000 and one for XP.
If it is the correct driver, you need to go to device manager and select up date driver, when it asks choose "let windows search for the best driver", then when it says it can't find a newer driver select specify a location and point it to the location you extracted the 21.83 drivers...from there it should install fine.

Sorry if that is confusing I am bad at directions..lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much ^_^

I finally got it worked. :) Just use Winzip to extract files from .exe detonator files and then install it by your method :). (It didn't work if I execute the files rather than unzip it.)
Thank you very much !! ^__________^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts