Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many claim that we are living in the end times and the many events taking place today have been stated in the bible to happen in the end times (I'm not pointing to the recent terrorism that happened in the US....but my heartfelt prayers and condolences to Americans out there..It's truely a tragic event). It's also stated that wars are bound to take place.. Could we truely be living in the end times? Someone please comment?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This seems to be an odd coincidence, but just today my father was telling me of how scientists have been studying the great pyramid in Giza, Egypt. They have found (and this is not really a recent discovery) that somehow the mathematics in the architecture of the great pyramid correspond to astrology and that the pyramid itself can serve as a sort of calendar or timeline. Whats really strange though is that the calendar just stops all of the sudden on 9-17-2001...tomorrow. Then again the Mayan calendar and I think also the chinese calendar stop on the Winter solstice in 2012 (12-21-2012).

With that said, I most certainly do not think we are aproaching the end of time. We as the human race may be bound for some changes in the not too distant future, some of these changes may be seen as tragic, but we will evolve and overcome any obsticles in our path.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by Adair
With that said, I most certainly do not think we are aproaching the end of time. We as the human race may be bound for some changes in the not too distant future, some of these changes may be seen as tragic, but we will evolve and overcome any obsticles in our path.
I don't think we are about to extinct either, but I think that a LOT of people will suffer in the future, and only a part of the world will survive and overcome the problems.

S

·
0 Posts
Well, the Aztec calender is accurate to today and from what has been figured out, goes on well past 3000. So who is to say?
But remember, the bible also says" Of the time of the second coming man knowth not, nay, not even the angeles in heaven". I believe that this means that we should be ready for whatever may come and should have "faith" that all will be allright.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Nostradomus Said So!!!

I hope you people must have heard about Nostradomus(He was sort of priest who made predictions in 1600s).Well, almost all of his predictions have been accurate(Including predictions of both world wars).
I dont know that you people know about it but he predicted the recent event in US in about 1650.His predictions are written as rhymes and the meaning of one of his predictions is----

"At the start of new century ,Day 11 th and month 9th,the whole world will see when two electronic birds will collide with two great structures and tons of debris and smoke will rise and all this will happen in so called NEW city of this world... After this there will be a huge war involving whole world in which almost all the mankind will suffer(and may perish)."

So how about this? I found it simply amazing.The exact preciseness of his prediction.But still I dont feel that whole world is gonna end right now.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Erm...where exactly did you get that Nostradamus prediction from? I read his predictions before and that prediction about last tuesday seems like someone either made it up or translated it in a way to make it more relevant than it should be. Usually his predictions are alot more vague and don't make sense until after the event has happened, but that prediction practically spells it out exactly how it happened.

Nostradamus said himself that he made his predictions vague on purpose because he knew that the people of his time and probably even our time aren't ready for the truth about the future. (he didn't really say it like that, but that's the imression I got after learning about him in the nostradamus museum in Italy.

sx/amiga, where did you hear that the mayan calendar goes on past the year 3000? I've heard from several people(including my dad who reads books about mysterious ancient civilizations) that it ends on 12-21-2012.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Adair
Erm...where exactly did you get that Nostradamus prediction from? I read his predictions before and that prediction about last tuesday seems like someone either made it up or translated it in a way to make it more relevant than it should be. Usually his predictions are alot more vague and don't make sense until after the event has happened, but that prediction practically spells it out exactly how it happened.
I read it in an Indian Newspaper.The news was titled"Is it the end of the world?"

Actually I dont believe myself that such an exact prediction is possible.

S

·
0 Posts
I said the Aztec calendar, Adair, not the Mayan calendar. They are quite similar (perhaps the Azetcs took their caledar from the Mayan one since the Mayan's were there before the Aztecs and the Toltecs before them), except that the Aztec calendar goes on where the Mayan calendar stops just like you say. I learned about this while studying history in College. I, too, am fascinated by ancient civilizations.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've studied actual biblical prophecies, and it is true that they come true.

Actually, they literally never come true but they come true metaphorically plenty. A lot of prophecies have come true many many times. Do you have any idea the requirements for Jesus's ressurection have been fufilled?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Dunno if anyone posted about this before, but the "prohecie" that "nostradamus" did the one that said something about 2 brothers will fall or whatever, my local news said it's fake because he died long before 1654 or whatever that date was. Hmmm... if only I could remember things better... :p

·
Registered
345 Posts
i was reading yesterday (the 20th) on the msn website they had an article about nostradamus.

first, he lived around 1550 and second he made predictions that go well past 3000. so even if this one prediction is true and he is the ultimate in prophicies, that means theres well over 1000 years left for human kind

as for that
"At the start of new century ,Day 11 th and month 9th,the whole world will see when two electronic birds will collide with two great structures and tons of debris and smoke will rise and all this will happen in so called NEW city of this world... After this there will be a huge war involving whole world in which almost all the mankind will suffer(and may perish)."

i believe that this is a fake because nostrodamus wrote in quatranes (4 line verses) and lived before electrisity so he wouldnt even know what an electronic bird was. maybe the translator took the original loosely and filled it up to make it more acurate

·
Registered
253 Posts
type this in ms word ; Q33NY

then change the font to Windings

:- there was a symbol where Q33NY is the plane number crash to the tower and star david behind the skull..

do u get it ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
680 Posts
C R A P!

Those Prophecies are Crap. Nothing but a Full of BS.

go to False Prophecy

Nostradamus' Prophecies are "all purpose" prophecies, where people can use it and make some excuse of it.

Remember 9-9-99? I heard that the King of Terror (or something like that - who cares anyway) will come and rule the earth - but until now, two years later, the earth is OK. And Human still stand on earth.

It's up to you Guys. Like sxamiga said, 'I believe that this means that we should be ready for whatever may come and should have "faith" that all will be allright.'

If you have faith in God and your religion/what you believe of, I'm sure you'll walk fine everyday.

Ancient Cultures are fascinating. It's OK to learn it. just Never get carried away too much. Or you'll find yourself into troubles (know what I means?) ;)

have a nice day on earth !

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Good lord. The fact that people believed that "9th day of the 11th month" BS is kinda sad. Please, people, have some skepticism about things. Don't take everything for face value. Nostradamus certainly said some interesting/freaky things, but this is just too much.

If you had to ask me, I'd say the second coming will be about 5 billion years from now, when the sun has expanded to the point that it incinerates the Earth - but again, who knows?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
A huge hoax?

So I was the one who posted that nostradomus prediction here.

Actually to know the exact truth in the last few days I read translations of his predictions and I found that you folks are absolutely right.His rhymes could have as many meanings as peoples mind can interpret.And actually there are only 3-4 predictions which can be said closer to this event but none of them is like what I saw in that newspaper and wrote here.

Actually today there was another article in another newspaper"The Times Of India"(thats india's most reputed newspaper).It says this Nostradomus prediction was a hoax and may have started somewhere in Europe coz none of his rhymes are clear enough to give such an exact detail.

So folks, my personal feeling is that the end of world is not possible in near future.(Atleast mankind will stay here to see a pentium 20 and something about 5000 Ghz cpus. )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts