Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Supposedly, Ancel's original vision of Beyond Good & Evil was more in line with the clean style of Mirrors Edge, but due to at the time current hardware (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube) he had to choose another even more stilized look.

Anyway, I like what I see, and what I see is Mirrors Edge in third person. I really didn't like the stealth parts in the first game, they felt tacked on.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
WTF. That's Assassin's Creed with Jade in place of Altair. That is NOT Beyond Good and Evil. Beyond Good and Evil had a very cartoony, tongue-in-cheek feel. Why are they now striving for realism?

I am very discouraged by this video.

They already defined what Beyond Good and Evil is in 2003, and it was awesome. Why are they now trying to reinvent it? It's going to completely lose it's identity.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
It looks "good" but what was wrong with BG&E other than the fact "nobody" bought it?

It wasn't a bad game to begin with...

How is Mirror's Edge BTW, they dropped it to $19.99 on Steam...

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well they release BG&E at the same time of Prince of Persia and guess which got more attention =\

And as for Mirrors Edge, i absolutely hated it. Every single bit of it. Hated the graphics, hated the animations, hated the ****ty cartoon videos, hated the crappy melee combat, hated the crappy gun fights and HATED !! HAAAATED the ambient sound. I couldnt ****ing listen to what i was being told because i felt there was a ****ing truck right on my ****ing ear. Every stage starts the same. Right on top of a building and everything and i really mean EVERYTHING was red, blue and white. It was just BORING to look at. And the Parkour part felt repetitive for me. Always the same obstacles and the same way to get over them (same exact animations).

So yeah...Mirrors Edge not for me. Ok there 2 things i liked about the game. 1. The Menu Theme Song 2. When i deleted it...FOREVER.

ok let the flame wars begin. IM READY

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
honestly, i dont care how the game looks, and for all we that is a cut scene, what really matters is the story (and contune it from the first game and not go into another tangent), still include and improve upon 360 degree combat and buid upon the other elements that has made the original great and in my opinion the greatest game ever made

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
That looks pretty cool. BG&E certainly stood out from the crowd with vivid colours and great fantasy imagery. Although this bit of footage omits these things the gameplay aspect looks to be evolving to allow for more fast paced action, which should be a nice addition or change. After all, change is as good as a holiday.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
well, I played the demo and maybe Ill have to try that again, but I didn't like it on first sight, at least...
Well isn't Mirror's Edge supposed to be Sonic the Hedgehog for adults? Except this time it's just about running and not about controlling big cats and quirky minigames?

Anyway, still have to play BG&E, tried it once and it looked really nice, but I couldn't get into it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.