Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re:

That's true! There are A LOT of new feature!
hey anybody likes ikonboard? Ikonboard 3 is coming out SOON...and it's cool too with almost the same feature...maybe more as vBuilliten!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Re:

I love ikonboard, in fact I use it on my own website. I have to admit though, the best part about ikonboard is it's free! But I think that psxemu.com can pay the approximately $85 for VBulliten.

B

·
0 Posts
Re:

Ikonboard is really cool, yeah - but it has one problem and that's performance - it would kill the server as it's not really optimized programmed.

There's a nice speed up promised for the new version though - but I think this board is already fast enough, so why bother ? :cool:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
personally, i think the activation is a good thing :p
it deters one-time spammers and whatnot, making my life easier.. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
yeah - we don't want what happen to epsxe's board - they were posting whatever they wanted on there and it killed the server. One time spammers are annoying... they probably have bots to spam for them...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, unknown4x, it's only 18 more posts before you become an emulation freak, but I'd give the server a break too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
nooooooot lol :D :D :D :cool: anyways i tihnk epsxe's site is down so much because it has so much load ! think of all the desperate visitors looking for updates...

B

·
0 Posts
Well, the ePSXe board was hosted on the same webaccount as the page was, and that certainly was a mistake :) The board wasn't really spammed, it was just too big for a vhost (virtual host, normal hosting account on one server with many other sites).
We're currently located on a decent server for webhosting with only one other site (no clue which) located here as well, the CGIs are executed on a special server which is configured for this purpose, this is why PSXEmu would and is able to run that board ... But I heard something better may come up for ePSXe soon :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts