Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pink Poney
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna be able to play my PS2 on my computer's LCD monitor, which only has VGA and DVI input. Is there some kind of conversion box/cable for converting the PS2 component cables to a DVI or VGA connection for my monitor?

·
Pink Poney
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Switch boxes do exist for composite to VGA. Places like Ebay should have lots of those floating around.

P.S.
Why not just use PCSX2? Your computer can easily run it, no?
yeah pcsx2 is fun, but there are some games I just want to run perfectly that don't right now on my pcsx2 setup...front mission 4, ff12, ff10, r type final, and a hand full of ps1 games. I'll continue experimenting with pcsx2, and i'll probably switch back and forth depending on how well games run on newer versions.

·
UnCool
59 Posts
or you could get a tv tuner for like 10 dollars or something (I think that's how much it cost in us dollars).

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
I can't stand the amount blurriness of sd non native res gaming on an hd lcd. The ps2 games still look absolutely the best on tube tvs.

·
lazy shmupper
957 Posts
The absolute best for 'old systems' is Micomsoft's XRGB-3, but it's now rare and quite expensive.
But the HD Box Pro units are said to be a good (and cheap) alternative.

And yeah they're right, buying a good used CRT tv is still the best thing to do I think. If you can find one that's been manufactured around 2000-2006, there's a good chance that it will still work nicely for maybe 10-15 years. :cool:

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
*quietly hugs his crt monitor......its 7 years old <date of buying 11th jan....2002 i stored its bill for some situation uncalled for.....but heck it runs like a new one till now<Except for the cross hair marks that i put while playing cs..... :p><the snipers got no crosshair if they are out of scope....so i use it kinda like a guideline :p>

·
lazy shmupper
957 Posts
I recently found a 29" 4:3 Sony Trinitron Wega in very good condition (w/ scart RGB of course :p). The babe wheighs 49Kg but wow, its so much better for all the old consoles and my supergun.

The only annoying thing is that of course, most 'used but still in good condition' CRT tvs have flat tubes, wich very often have bad geometry (esp the big ones) and need a lot of complicated tuning if one doesn't like a distorded picture.
Finding one with a curved tube and in good condition is best, but quite rare now... :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.